SharePoint sync not working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by QuantumDotter, Sep 2, 2020.

1. QuantumDotter

QuantumDotter Junior Member

Hi there
    For my work account, I like to use a number of different SharePoint sites, all of which I sync with my computer. I prefer to sync it both with the Mac side and Windows side (yes, I know it duplicates data, but the Office apps work more smoothly). However, since the upgrade to Parallels 16, something has gone wrong. First, when I tried to sync on my Mac, it would launch Parallels and try to use the Windows OneDrive.exe app. i corrected the file handlers on the Mac side of things and that now works fine.

However, now Windows cannot sync, because it cannot associated the ODOPEN protocol with the Windows app. It initially opened the Mac app, so I went into Parallels settings and disabled sharing of Mac apps with Windows. But now it can't find any app to open the protocol with. I can't select OneDrive from the Default Apps control panel in Windows. I've downloaded a program that lets you manually select applications for protocol, no luck. Looked at the registry and it looks clear, so far as I can tell. But nothing happens when I click Sync. I've uninstalled and reinstalled OneDrive, rebooted the Windows virtual machine. Nothing to show for it.

Any help please?

Attached Files:

2. JoeS15

JoeS15 Bit poster

I m having the same issue, i recreated the windows 10 VM pro, but i did not work

3. QuantumDotter

Well, glad to know it's not just me! I've also opened a support thread on Microsoft's forums in case it's an underlying issue with Win10. So worth keeping an eye on that thread here.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. AbdulK4

AbdulK4 Bit poster

I am also having this exact same issue. My ODOPEN protocol associated app looks and behaves the same as QuantumDotter's screenshot. I've reinstalled Office and uninstalled and reinstalled OneDrive (in Windows) several times- no luck. Can we get a little help here?

QuantumDotter likes this.
  5. AbdulK4

AbdulK4 Bit poster

OK, I've fixed it. Here's the solution: use Regedit and delete the "odopen" value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Parallels\Parallels Tools\MacApps\OneDrive (Mac)\Capabilities\URLAssociations then log out and back in. Worked immediately for me.

I haven't tried, but I bet you can delete the entire HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Parallels\Parallels Tools\MacApps\OneDrive (Mac) key without issues, especially if you know you won't ever use the Mac ver of OneDrive with Windows (why would you?).

6. QuantumDotter

Does that open it in OneDrive for Mac or OneDrive within Windows? I'm hoping for the latter.

7. mcored

mcored Junior Member

I am so glad I came across your post! This has been bugging me for months!

8. DanielK42

DanielK42 Bit poster

Amazing. Thank you so much, this worked for me. Life saver.