Where to get Windows 10 to run in virtual machine

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Danil@Parallels, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Danil@Parallels

Danil@Parallels Staff Member

Howdy,

This thread is to make it easier for some of you who need Windows 10 to get started.
    1. If you already have an active Windows 10 license, here is the Windows 10 download page
    2. If you don't have a Windows license yet, you can purchase Windows 10 from the Microsoft Online Store:

Visit this page if you need help to choose the right Windows 10 edition for you: Home or Pro
    More details in this KB123462

2. PreetiG

PreetiG Bit poster

is windows 10 offers virtual windows to work simultaneously in 2 different windows in one PC?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
  3. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Guys, you can purchase or/and download Windows 10 directly from Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac.

berryj likes this.
  4. KathrynK

KathrynK Bit poster

I downloaded Windows 10 as part of my download of Parallels (which is GREAT btw).
    I paid for Parallels but the Windows download was free. I needed it for Quicken for Windows since I hate the Mac version.
    BUT I CANT PRINT THE QUICKEN REPORTS WHICH I NEED!!!
    The formatting looks very weird and not configurable. And even if I try to print THAT it just gives me and endless spinning ball about converting the postscript file.
    I can print it as a text file but it looks horrible and is virtually useless!!
    I suspect it may all result from having a free Windows install?

5. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi, sorry to hear that. Is the printing okay from other Windows apps? Can you please send us a tech report upon printing a doc via Quicken (go to Help menu > Send Technical Data...), please post the report ID here.

6. mos11dbo

mos11dbo Junior Member

When downloading a version of Windows 10, is it better to choose the 32-bit or 64-bit?

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello mos11dbo, Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions are compatible but 64 bit will be much faster and compatible with most of the new windows based software's than 32 bit version.

8. Afflospark.

Afflospark. Bit poster

Hello,
    In the 32-bit or 64-bit. 64-bit machines can process much more information at once, making a more powerful system.
    The version of Windows 10 totally depends on your CPU architecture. if you have 32 Bit processor you use 32 bits windows if you use 64-bit processor you use 64-bit windows.
    you should check whether your pc is 64 bit or 32 bit via clicking properties in my computer.

9. JamesB26

JamesB26 Bit poster

The 64-bit version is definitely better, it supports a much larger program, unlike the 32-bit version. Always use only the 64-bit version
    Best Regards, James.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2019
  10. nsayer

nsayer Member

If you purchase Windows from there, can the resulting product key be used for ARM Windows?