Considering a P16 Pro subscription purchase - but thereafter ...

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by TwinTiger, Jul 7, 2021.

1. TwinTiger

TwinTiger Bit poster

I am considering a new P16 Pro subscription to be able to run Windows 10 (& 11) for a Windows specific graphics app (go figure!) on my iMac 27" MacOS 10.14.6
    If I proceed, at some future point if I no longer require the additional functionality of a P16 Pro and cancel my ongoing subscription, will my P16 Pro revert (downgrade) to P16 Standard allowing me to continue to access Windows?
    If so, if the need again arises, can I choose to upgrade P16 Standard again thereafter to a Pro version? (subscription etc)

2. TwinTiger

TwinTiger Bit poster

Well I have given this a good week-plus for any answer, but none were forthcoming. Oh well.

My fossicking around in the Forum leads me to believe that if you stop your annual subscription to Parallels 16 Pro then you will no longer able to access Parallels and hence your Windows is also bricked. It does not appear that Parallels 16 Pro is able to revert (downgrade) itself to the Parallel Standard Edition with reduced capabilities, but still allowing access to your Windows environment.

I am lucky that I still use an Intel Mac, otherwise Parallels may be my only choice.
    I will be checking out the Oracle offering instead.