Mac Os install in M1 Parallels MAc OS

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ullo, Jun 5, 2021.

1. ullo

ullo Junior Member

is it possible to emulate Big Sure or another MAC OS in parallel deskto for M1, if so how?

with manually adding the downloaded BigSure file, it is not possible. It is recognized as a folder and only shows individual files in the image boot selection

iThanh likes this.
  2. ullo

ullo Junior Member

so you can't currently create Mac OS on the M1 with Parallels?

3. iThanh

iThanh Bit poster

I can't install a MacOS VM in Parallels on M1
    Please help me!

4. AnonUKuser

AnonUKuser Junior Member

If you read the previous posts in this thread, it states that it is not possible currently to create a macOS vm in Parallels running on a M1 system. As also stated above, future support is planned but it will be for M1 based macOS versions such as macOS 11 (Big Sur). No dates have been specified as to when such support will be available.

5. ullo

ullo Junior Member

The irritating thing is that you download the MAC OS for the M1 and you assume it is for the M1, it is not understandable why you can not install it

6. PeterC39

PeterC39 Bit poster

Is this a situation of comparing two very different scenarios ... where MacOS 11 (Big Sur) for the M1 can be installed directly under the M1 processor but will not install as a VM under M1 > Parallels > 'Big Sur for M1' yet? I'm rather new on this forum and not had a chance to read all there is to read here yet, but, should there not be someone informing readers of this fact, if this interpretation is correct?

ullo likes this.
  7. ullo

ullo Junior Member

Nein install Big Sure for 1 in Parallels