Close Parallels Client after VDI disconnected

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Linux' started by ITB, Sep 24, 2020.

1. ITB

ITB Bit poster

Hi, we are trying to make Parallels with our Igel Thin Clients Work. The moment you log out of your VDI you get left on the Igel Homescreen with the Parallels Client still open. Now the problem is the users need too close this Client after logout and we don't think this is gonna work and is also a huge safety risk. Now is our question of how can wen automatically close the client after you disconnected from your VDI?
    I hope someone can help us with this.

2. JulianMoo

JulianMoo Junior Member

3. DanielS57

DanielS57 Bit poster

Coming into this conversation late, but it sounds like I'm in the same boat with ITB. I have a desktop session published as an app and filtered to linux so my Igel UDX workstations can automatically launch it when they login. When they are done for the day and logout of their desktop (VDI) session, the Igel stays logged into Parallels App window. Did you every figure a way to automatically logout of Parallels? The post-session logoff option posted by JulianMoo isn't working with our Igels.

4. JulianMoo

JulianMoo Junior Member

I know there have been issues with the post Session logoff in the newer OS11 firmwares. One of my clients received a Firmware fix some weeks ago. This is the only method I am aware of solving your Problem. Another way would be to Authenticate the User before logging into the IGEL OS (AD-Auth) and do a post logoff instead of a reboot or shutdown.

5. DanielS57

DanielS57 Bit poster

Thank you JulianMoo. I appreciate the response.

I think the problem is that since we are using a dekstop session published as an "app" and not a Parallels VDI. I don't see any mechanism to logoff a Parallels client after an app close event. The post logoff is intended to happen at a higher level and not at the app level. Unless Parallels adds a "logoff at close" or a customer command at close option to the published apps, I don't see a way to accomplish this. My users will just have to logoff their desktop session, then logoff their Igel/Parallels app. I will hear some barking from them about it, but that's just life as an admin I guess. Lol

6. JulianMoo

JulianMoo Junior Member

Oh I expected you are working with a shared desktop because you are using IGEL LX endpoints. Then the only way is to logoff properly.