How do i fix Launch Error - Unsupported host machine architecture. (ARM64)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JumperC, Feb 13, 2021.

1. JumperC

JumperC Bit poster

Hello, I have downloaded parallels, i guess you would call it a beta for the Mac M1 chip, and the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview and it was at first running fine. I was doing this so I can play Apex Legends on my Mac computer and I got all the way to the end. I have both Steam and Origin downloaded and on both with Apex Legends, when I go to start up the game it says "Launch Error Unsupported host machine architecture. (ARM64)" If anyone knew how to proceed through this error, or avoid it I would very much appreciate it. This is literally the one step I have to succeed through to be able to actually play my game. Thanks.

Attached Files:

MaximeM4 likes this.
  2. kat

kat Product Expert

What VM-OS are you using with your games?

3. Edgars3

Edgars3 Bit poster

Hola buenos días, intenté actualizar Windows 7 de escritorio paralelo y ahora aparece una pantalla azul y luego la reparación del sistema, pero no se puede reparar, ¿qué puedo hacer?

4. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version?
    Do you have a backup copy of your Windows virtual machine?

5. Edgars3

Edgars3 Bit poster

tenía la versión 14.1.0 y se actualizó a la versión 15.1.4

6. Edgars3

Edgars3 Bit poster

I don't have copies of the virtual machine but I could get one from another pc

7. KevinL23

KevinL23 Bit poster

I am also getting this Launch Error when I boot Halo MCC from Steam. Apple Silicon Games list says this game should be compatible...
    Has anyone found a solution?
    I'm currently running Build 21343

8. Hello, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post report's ID here please?

9. BeautifulR

BeautifulR Bit poster

Hallo,

ich habe das selbe Problem mit Scum über Steam mit dem Mac m1
    dachte das soll funktionieren

Startfehler nicht unterstützte Host-Architektur ARM64

das ist die Fehlermeldung

EikeS likes this.
  10. AlexanderH8

AlexanderH8 Bit poster

Hey i am having the same issue with fortnite, can you fix this?

11. Hi, could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs please?

12. Stephanie6

Stephanie6 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem.

13. Iris2

Iris2 Bit poster

THIS WORKED FOR ME:
    Since this hasn't been answered yet...

I was able to circumvent this message by selecting halo mcc anti cheat option

14. Hello, do you still have an issue?
    Could you share the tech report with us please?

15. Iris2

Iris2 Bit poster

SOLUTION (at least for me):
    For some reason I cannot edit my previous reply, I mistyped and my answer is a bit short there too so I will explain better here:
    To start the game do NOT start it from your shortcut on the desktop. Start it by going into Steam and hit the green play button. A pop up will ask to play the game WITH or WITHOUT anti cheat function disabled. (this confused me because of the double negation) The top one is default BUT pick the BOTTOM option instead that says to disable the anti cheat. Now IT WORKS! At least it does for me. If you have issues with crashing every now and then (I did), change the video setting to "low". It works like a charm now on my Parallels.

16. DJT

DJT Bit poster

Bonjour j'ai récemment acheté paralles pour mon mac m1puis j'ai télécharger watch dog 2. Quand le jeux c'est lance une erreur s'affiche:«unsupported hist machine architecture.(ARM64) pouvez vous m'aider s'il vous plaît

17. Hello, could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here please?

18. DJT

DJT Bit poster

Attached Files:

• ll.png
      ll.png
      File size:
      395.2 KB
      Views:
  19. JamesH50

JamesH50 Bit poster

I am having the same issue! The "Iris2" guy from above said he clicked the other option. That's fine if you want to play local but I specifically want to play online multiplayer. Is that even possible? The only way to allow this to happen is for the easy anticheat to be functioning. Please please please fix this! Now more then ever. The new Mac's that are coming out with the new M1 pro and Max are going to be amazing for gaming and we need these things working. Thank you!

20. Iris2

Iris2 Bit poster

What makes you think I am a guy, dude...
    Please submit a tech report (like Parallels asks above here, so attach it to their comment please ) so Parallels can see if they can do anything about it ..
    Anyway, I think the issue lies with the anti-cheat, not Parallels, not even the game itself, but (in this case) the code of the anti-cheat will not work on M1 or ARMS, hence disabling the anti-cheat makes the game work (again; in this instance, some games don't work at all. Some games do work normally; I am able to play Batman Arkham asylum just fine). It would be great if Parallels could look into it though; to make sure there is not something they can do, but honestly I think it is up to the game devs.

黄一腾 likes this.