Escape from tarkov doesn't run on parallel desktop but CSGO runs, why?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Pedro17, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Pedro17

Pedro17 Bit poster

Hi everybody,

I installed on my m1 mac the parallel desktop and windows 10 ARM in it. I installed and openned the launcher of the game (Escape from tarkov). But when I try to run the game, I receive the message that it is unable to open the battleye. But seeing videos on youtube, I could see that it is possible to run CSGO on parallel desktop in windows 10 ARM on m1 mac, being that CSGO also uses battleye. So, why CSGO can run in the same windows virtualization that Escape from tarkov, but Escape from tarkov not?

Anyone knows that? Could you help me, please?

Attached Files:

2. VladimirP6

VladimirP6 Junior Member

because it uses battleye which prohibits virtual machines.

3. Pedro17

Pedro17 Bit poster

But its not make sense Vladimir. Because CSGO also uses battleye, and it works on virtualization on the same conditions as escape from Tarkov. So I continue asking: why CSGO works on parallels desktop virtualization windows 10 ARM64 version, and escape from Tarkov doesn't?

4. VladimirP6

VladimirP6 Junior Member

I don't think CS GO uses battleeye they use their own anti cheat

5. AdrienC2

AdrienC2 Bit poster

did you find a solution ? I have the same issue on Mac m1

6. Pedro17

Pedro17 Bit poster

No, I not found a solution. Besides that, I opened a question in BSG and they Said that the game Was not prepared for running on virtualization nor on macbook.

7. VladimirP6

VladimirP6 Junior Member

try to install fitgirl version of game and see if it works

8. AdrienC2

AdrienC2 Bit poster

tried a fitgirl version, but game doesn't launch