Is parallels upgrade to 16 good for 4 Mac desktops?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by VirendraA, Jul 20, 2021.

1. VirendraA

VirendraA Bit poster

Before I pay upgrade fee of $49.99, I would like to know if I could use it on 4 machines? Once I pay on one machine, how do I use same key on second machine without paying any additional fee?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If you pay for one upgrade, you can use it only on one Mac. If you wish to use Parallels Desktop on multiple Macs, you have to buy additional licenses.

3. VirendraA

VirendraA Bit poster

The upgrade says it supports 4 vCPUs. Doesn't this mean 4 Macs? I would like Parallels Tech support phone # to clarify. But I can not see their phone#

4. VirendraA

VirendraA Bit poster

Is there any way to reach parallels 'Pre sales' on phone to clarify if upgrade fee is good for 1 VM or 4 VM (4 Mac machines). Unless you pay, you can not even reach them by phone to clarify.

5. Hi 4 vCPU means 4 virtual processors.
    vCPU is the abbreviation for virtual centralized processing unit. As for a definition, a vCPU represents a portion or share of the underlying, physical CPU that is assigned to a particular virtual machine (VM).
    If you have any additional questions please let us know.

6. VirendraA

VirendraA Bit poster

I agree it is Virtual CPU. But Windows runs as 1 VM under parallel on 1 Mac. So, 4vCPU should be for 4 Macs? Am I wrong?

7. PozziB

PozziB Bit poster

Yeah, it's totally worth it!