Configure Control Center when VM shutdown

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JoeG2, Nov 26, 2017.

1. JoeG2

JoeG2 Bit poster

Im trying to change the name of my VM in the control center. The note on the window says "some settings can only be changed when the VM is shutdown" however its a chicken or the egg situation. I cannot get to the control center when the VM is shutdown. Please help?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JoeG2 , please check this article and change the configuration settings On Shutdown menu to Keep window open . So that you can make the changes after shutting down Windows virtual machine.

3. JoeG2

JoeG2 Bit poster

Thanks, I was able to find another thread that gave me enough of an idea how to get this done.., WAY too complicated... I hope future versions will have more user friendly can nitriles. Thanks for the quick response.

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome.Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

5. SamM15

SamM15 Bit poster

Can I please get the solution to this ??? I cant asign RAM because it says resume VM and then shut it down i need a step by step please !!

Thanks in advance

6. Hello, please shut down your virtual machine (from the Windows Start menu or using the Actions -> shut down) and then check the issue.