(KB5004296) and the latest version of Parallels v16.5.1 (49187)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Parallels User, Aug 5, 2021.

1. I believe this latest Windows patch (released July 29th) is causing a black screen when bringing Parallels back into focus on my iMac. I have to restart the VM to get the screen back even though the patch actually is reported as failed. I'm running Windows 10 Ent 21H1 and my iMac is running Big Sur v11.5.1, GPU AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB, and 16gigs of RAM. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue...

Thanks,

Philip

2. Hello, did you get the same issue with the previous Windows version?
    Could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?

3. Hi Maria,
    I don't know what you mean exactly by previous version. If you mean prior to the patch being applied, no I did not experience this issue. Incidentally, it seems to have abated, because after coming back to work from the weekend, it doesn't seem to be happening anymore. I'll keep an eye on it and if it continues I will record the Technical Report, send it in, and post the ID for you.

Thanks,
    Philip

4. Thanks a lot for your reply.
    We also would like to inform you that the newest Parallels Desktop 17 version has been released.
    you can check the same behavior with Parallels Desktop 17.
    For more information about the Parallels Desktop 17 please check this KB article.