Could be more specific when the "TPM" will release for M1 ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by YodD, Jun 28, 2021.

1. YodD

YodD Bit poster

2. VasilyC

VasilyC Bit poster

Looking for the same info here...

3. ChristianB29

ChristianB29 Junior Member

Any updates to this? Thanks.

4. AlexeyY1

AlexeyY1 Member

Today Windows 11 Build 22000.100 is released in beta channel too. BTW it's the first M1-compatible build, which reached beta.
    BUT, It's still impossible to switch from dev to beta channel from Parallels (due to lack of TPM support).
    Even Windows Insider program recommend to switch to beta channel right now, if you prefer more stable builds, because dev channel now can switch to builds behind the release. https://twitter.com/windowsinsider/status/1420794940452343812

5. BobW11

BobW11 Member

Under normal instances this would not be an issue, however, eventually (sounds soon) we lose our insider build completely and can't install at all. Thus removing the ability for Parallels to function on M1.

ValR1 and AlexeyY1 like this.
  6. Michel4

Michel4 Bit poster

I was able to install the W11 without TPM on Parallels using a patched version of appraiserres.dll replacing during the W10 ARM64 to W11 upgrade:

Attached Files:

7. ChristianB29

ChristianB29 Junior Member

TPM is now available in Parallels 17. I updated a vm with no issues and enabled bitlocker.

8. Michel4

Michel4 Bit poster

Parallels 17 is the right choice for W11.

9. BobW11

BobW11 Member

In time, yes, there are still compatibility issues. It is getting so much better however!

10. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I was able to turn on the TPM module in Parallels 17, but when I start Windows 10, Update still does not show the update available for Windows 11. When I got to the Windows Insider part of Settings, it still says my machine does not meet the Windows 11 requirements and will not let me switch off the "Release Preview Channel". I only have 4GB of RAM allocated because I only have 8GB of RAM on my M1 iMac. Is the RAM the cause or is there something else I can check? Or will I just have to wait for the final (non-insider) release of Windows 11?
    (I am trying to run an old Windows program - Lotus Approach - and no matter what emulation settings I choose, the program will start but not work properly. Hoping that Windows 11 will do a better job of emulating older programs (though not much hope).

11. Garden City Nick

Garden City Nick Bit poster

Yep Parallels are aware of this issue, I have a ticket open with engineering about this so hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.:) You will be able to install Win11 preview if you download the installer and install the TPM module, but even then once 11 is on it will still report your machine is not compatible under the insider part in settings.