Activation key not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RussellS10, Aug 13, 2021.

1. RussellS10

RussellS10 Bit poster

Hi,
    I purchased Parallels 16 for Mac in July. I reinstalled macOS and a few days back and when wanting reinstall Parallels 16 for Mac it automatically installs Parallels 17 for Mac and wont accept my original product key. It instead prompts me to upgrade to Parallels 17 for Mac which I don't want to do. My reference number from Cleverbridge is: 282902279 and the invoice date is 2021-07-10. Please assist.
    Br,
    Russell

2. Michael@Parallels

Michael@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Russell,
    When you download Parallels Desktop installer from parallels.com main page you get the latest one by default. If you need some other version you can download it from here. For your convenience here's a direct link to Parallels Desktop 16: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd16 . So now you just need to remove Parallels Desktop from Finder/Applications, install 16th version using the link above and activate it with your key.

3. RussellS10

RussellS10 Bit poster

Much appreciated, Michael

4. Dr.m17

Dr.m17 Bit poster

I made am mistake by giving the product key, and now I am unable to activate the upgrade to 17. The mistake was that I gave the upgrade ey at the beginning and the old key as next. please help!

5. Could you provide us with the screenshot of the issue please?

6. Could you rely us back via the Private message please?