Parallels Access repeatedly crashes after Windows Update KB5003637

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Parallels User, Jun 9, 2021.

1. JeffC17

JeffC17 Bit poster

And, refund request for June 16 renewal denied, no explanation as to why product has stopped working, just an invitation to contact support.

2. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

I'VE READ THE 2 PAGES AND I SHARE IN THE FRUSTRATION THAT MOST ARE EXPERIENCING WITH RESPECT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I TOO HAVE THIS ISSUE WITH THE PROGRAM WORKING FOR A WEEK (M-F) AND NOT USING IT ON THE WEEKEND AND THEN RESTART IT BACK ON MONDAY TO FIND OUT A FEW HOURS LATER I CANNOT CONNECT AS I WAS BEFORE FROM MY IPAD TO MY DESKTOP. I'VE FILED TWO TICKETS (#2982507 [JUNE 2021] & #3010062 [AUGUST 2021] ALONG WITH SCREENSHOTS AND FULL EXPLANATIONS. THE 1ST TICKET WAS CLOSED WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS RESOLVED BUT THEN EMAILED BACK AND DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY RESPONSES. I CALL THE TOLL-FREE NUMBER WHICH KEPT ME ON HOLD AND TOLD ME TO CALL BACK LATER, DIDN'T EVEN ALLOW ME TO LEAVE A MESSAGE. I WENT TO DO ON-LINE LIVE CHAT WHICH KEPT GOING IN A LOOP UNTIL FINALLY TIMED OUT.

I HAVE A FUNNY FEELING THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT/TECH SUPPORT OR IT'S JUST ONE OR TWO PEOPLE OFFSHORE FIELDING QUESTIONS THAT PROBABLY DUE TO LANGUAGE BARRIER IS UNABLE TO PROPERLY ANSWER.

THE ANSWER CANNOT BE TO CONSTANTLY UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL EVERY WEEK WHEN THERE ISN'T ANY ACTIVITY FOR 24-48 HOURS. HOW MANY CUSTOMERS DO THEY HAVE THAT THIS ISN'T HAPPENING TO? WHAT IS IT THAT THEY ARE DOING/NOT DOING THAT IS AFFECTING SOME OF THE REST OF US?

THIS TRULY IS FRUSTRATING & I WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER /RESOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM (AS ALL OF US HERE WOULD) ALONG WITH SOME CONFIDENCE THAT THERE TRULY IS A TECH AND CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND NOT JUST SOMEONE POSSIBLY WORKING AS A HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE INTERN WHO KNOWS SOME BASIC PROGRAMMING /DEBUGGING SKILLS AND IS JUST ANSWERING WHEN HE/SHE CAN.

JeffC17 likes this.
  3. JeffC17

JeffC17 Bit poster

For anyone still following, I discovered today for the first time that Parallels was acquired by Corel in 2018, so this entire episode is really contrary to the outstanding products Corel has and still develops. Anyway, I have contacted Corel by DM on Twitter.

CurtisB3 likes this.
  4. DanielM46

DanielM46 Junior Member

I have two open tickets on this right now. One was a chat support request, that someone joined, then left, leaving the ticket updated only by me for the past two weeks. The other was an email support request that hasn't been touched since I sent it in two days ago. As far as I can tell, the company has no actual support. It's frustrating, but I have yet to find another solution.

JeffC17 likes this.
  5. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

WOW - Thanks. I never got or received notice, but then again I only became a customer a few months ago. It would've been nice if they updated a banner to indicate the acquisition.

Thanks again.

6. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

{UPDATE}: I submitted a DM from their internal site and it's being redirected for an answer via email. We shall see...

7. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

https://www.parallels.com/blogs/parallels-joins-the-corel-family/

8. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

UPDATE [08-15-2021] I was contacted via email by Corel Support (since I also use their Pinnacle software) by Naveen (Corel Customer Support) with this message:
    ========================================================
    Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

With regards to your concern, please check the below link for Parallel support team:
    https://www.parallels.com/about/contact/

Should you need anything else in the interim, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
    Naveen
    Corel Customer Support
    ==========================================================
    How frustrating that they are actually redirecting this with somewhat no knowledge.
    Anything on your DM Jeff?

9. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

As you read through these last posts with myself & Jeff - it appears (?) that Corel purchased them. For all intented purposes there are stories listed of the purchase - but the customer support seems to be in limbo.

I, too, have two open tickets from 06/04 and 08/09 having to constantly re-install.

A trick I saw in another group that I am trying out is to close the program when you are not using it and then opening it back up the next day and use it...even if its just to connect and open an explorer window and close in a minute or two. The person said there is a bug that if the program shows no activity for more then 24-48 hours it could potentially show an intrusion error.

We will see. Normally on Monday's I have a problem. I am opening it up today and will use it as I did yesterday (so far no problems) but we will see how everything works tomorrow which is when I normally have the problem.

10. JesusP5

JesusP5 Bit poster

Im experiencing the same thing also for a month or two, uninstalling and reinstalling fixes nothing. Has anyone received resolution?

11. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

There hasn't been any real resolution in regards to the customer service /technical assistance portion. I think I have discovered a work around but it doesn't seem to apply if you use the software non-continuous. I was having the problem when I stopped using it on a Friday and tried using it again on a Monday.

This past week I conducted an experiment and logged in remotely like I normally did during the week but that's all I did...basically I just "woke up" the system. Yesterday I was able to work without there being a problem. Today I forgot to log in so today will be 24 hours. I will go and log in in about 6 hours and make sure it still works and update further in the morning.

I think it has something to do with no activity after 24-48 hours. That is the only logical conclusion (so far) while I am troubleshooting.

12. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

*** UPDATE TO TEMPORARY FIX SOLUTION/WORK AROUND (as of 08/18/21) ***
    So last week I conducted an experiment and logged in remotely like I normally do for the week starting Monday every day until Friday. Saturday I used the system as well as Sunday. THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE PRIOR TO, WHEN I WENT TO USE THE SYSTEM ON MONDAY IT WOULD GIVE ME THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT MEANT I HAD TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE SOFTWARE.

With using the program on the weekend, on Monday I used the program without ANY problems! Normally on Monday I would have gotten the error and would've lost a day.

Monday night I had turned off/closed the program like I normally do every day, but forgot to put it back on for Tuesday and couldn't wake it up (naturally) so when I got back Tuesday evening and turned it back on and tried to use it ...it failed/got the same error message.

Logically this saying that there is a bug/glitch that doesn't allow the program to stay active/awake after it's running for 24-48 hours. It shuts down and expires itself.

All this to say is for the developers (whoever that is) to work with the next update to allow continuous connectivity or to be able successfully reconnect/awaken the computer.

I think this is the logical solution...which is a pain - but to just access the system remote (even if you don't do any work - just go in and open a window then close/log out ..NOTE: simply opening and not shutting down doesn't seem to bypass/work/trick the system...it still somehow puts it in sleep mode)

Anybody else tries this and see there is still a problem report back.

13. PietroM2

PietroM2 Bit poster

Since months ago I'm experiencing the same problem stated in this discussion on 2 different Dell workstation: in both cases I'm running WIN 10 ENTERPRISE LTC and after some hours/day the computer are OFFLINE on my Parallel Access account ?!?
    So I remotely connect throw VPN and I find the attached error message.
    This happens on both computer.
    I tried to uninstall and reinstall Parallel Access agent, but the problem is not fixed and it's very frustrating !

Regards

Attached Files:

14. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

Hi PietroM2,
    Seems like we are all hitting that dead end wall of frustration. Thus far, if you've been following my thread, I've been doing my own self diagnose and as of today the program is still up and running. There is definitely a problem with the program remaining steady (connected) if it has not been touched in 24-48 hours. Normally once the weekend comes and is finished, by Monday I cannot connect and have to reinstall the software. As a test to my theory I just connected for a minute and navigated on an explorer (nothing else). I am going to respond more in detail by the end of the week once I can say a full two weeks has completed.

15. JeffC17

JeffC17 Bit poster

Sorry for the late follow up but no response form DMs on Twitter to various Parallels or Corel. I did receive a belated response last week to the support ticket on the Parallels web site that provided links to two entirely unrelated problems....I get it that every software company or subsidiary can't stay in business forever, and products die off, but Parallels is still selling this product and raking in the auto-renewal fees.

16. Hello, we are sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the Support Service and Software and we 're here to help.
    Could you provide us with your ticket number please?

17. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

Hopeful Update as of 09/14/21

After having several email conversations back and forth with Ms. Maria Denisova (Social Media Support Engineer) via the social@support.parallels.com address she was able to put me in touch with the actual support engineers. They created a call back ticket which asked me for my PC information, etc. (like normal) and was excited to receive an email that wanted to set-up an actual phone call to go over the issue/troubleshoot. The scheduled call came in from an Ontario, Canada number (613.321.2978) but I think it was in a different time-zone then EST due to the language and 1/2 second delay in talking. Interesting enough when they connected to my PC they didn't use Parallel....they used - LogMeIn (lol- go figure they use them and not their own product).

But after two weeks and me following up (I really don't like that I have to follow up) I received an email from Maria Denisova writing:

Please update your Parallels Access to the latest build 6.5.2 and check the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Maria Denisova
    Social Media Support Engineer

So when I get home tonight I will check to see if there is a new update and install it. Based on what and how I work it may take a week to see if there are any problems.

Interesting the technician did tell me they knew/was aware of the program not being steady on the PC platform vs MAC.

18. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

For those who don't know, as I posted earlier - Ms. Maria Denisova (Social Media Support Engineer) has been EXTREMEL helpful with the issues and I hope that the "powers that be" within her company recognizes the efforts that she has made.

19. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

UPDATE:

I was advised to roll back to the 5.6 version and operations have been steady! No problems.

20. JesusP5

JesusP5 Bit poster

Where can I find installer for this version?