Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse bouncy

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristophK2, Jan 25, 2020.

1. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

Catalina 10.15.2
    Parallels 15.1.2
    Macbook Pro mid 2014

When using a bluetooth mouse (be it the Apple Magic Mouse or another no name product) the mouse events seem to arrive
    in a bouncing way into the WIndows 10 guest application. When I release the left mouse click, some bouncing - seem to be "move" events, maybe also another left mouse click. Sometimes clicks don't make it through (e.g., when playing freecell as a test application).

I'm wondering if this is a Parallels issue. Anything seeing similar effects? It looks like it doesn't happen when using the pad on the notebook keyboard.

2. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

I wonder, why I didn't get a reaction from this list yet. Problem is , that it is not bound to the Apple magic mouse 2. A cheapo bluetooth mouse from an unknown vendor also illbehaves.

It looks like a button release event triggers a new button event. Don't know whether there a a diagnostic tool to show the event queue under Windows. I believe there is and I might dig out such a tool to prove that something might be wrong with the event passing between manOS and Windows 10 via Parallels.

It also happens, when I play freecell, that a spurious double events are generated. More annoying this is when using CAD programs or other graphically interactive programs like LTSpice XVII.

3. lbmS

lbmS Bit poster

I have used both a magic mouse and a Logitech mouse and the problem is the while a mouse is connected via Bluetooth with your Mac mini.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2020
  4. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

As I said, it happens also on a cheap non-surface sensitive bluetooth mouse, only having a scroll wheel.
    And under macOS both mice work fine. It's definitely an issue of event passing between macOS and Windows 10 under Parallels.

It also occurs when using the touch pad only, no mice at all.

I suspect it being a Parallels issue, or maybe Catalina. Computer is a Macbook Pro.

5. Hi, please update to the latest Parallels Desktop build (15.1.3.) It has been reset yesterday.
    And let us know how does it work.

6. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

IbmS issue (Mac mini) is not mine. After upgrade to Parallels 15.1.3 the problem persists.
    Mousclicks, be it from the touch pad, blue tooth (BT) apple mouse or third party BT mouse, mouse clicks are received in Windows 10 guest irregularly. A mouse release often is followed by another mouse down event (it appears so, don't have a means to measure that exactly) Sometimes mouse down isn't received at all and you have to click a second or third time.
    Very annoying.
    Sounds a bit funny, but I recommend to play "freecell" under Windows 10 and you'll notice what I mean.

7. Hi, could you please provide us with the mouse model that you're using.
    And also collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

8. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

Today, since I upgraded to Parallels 17.0.0, all the problems with a bouncy BT mouse (Apple A1657) have vanished.
    Last time, maybe three weeks ago (with the previous Parallels version), I had so much trouble with the mouse such that it was causing double events when only clicking once, e.g. when playing Freecell in Windows 10. I had to click very distinctively slowly on the mouse to avoid the double bounce (double click) event. Now it is gone. Maybe my mouse got cured magically or there has really been an issue in previous Parallels versions that not has gotten fixed.

Would be interested if that can be answered by the developers.