unable to upgrade Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Alex.1, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Alex.1

Alex.1 Bit poster

I'm using Parallels 17 and running with Windows 10 ARM, I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 but it keeps showing ''Your PC can't run Windows 11'', but I check my configuration it's all reached the minimum requirements

2. Martin19xx

Martin19xx Bit poster

I have the same problem. Thought that the standard edition of Parallels 17 is enough for installing Windows 11.

3. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

From what I understand, the standard version of Parallels does not give you the option to install a vTMP 2.0 chip, which is required for Win11. I'm running the PRO version of Parallels, and using vTPM 2.0 and Secure Boot, and have updated to 22449.1000 with no issues. My host has an unsupported CPU (E5-2977 v2, 12-core, 2013 Mac Pro), but everything still works fine.

4. SleepyD7

SleepyD7 Bit poster

I would like to know how to install Windows 11 on my My Mac mini as well. TPM and Secure Boot are enabled even though Windows says I cannot upgrade. Not cool Parallels is making out like you can run Windows just like with an Intel machine. Not so. You have to have an OEM or Education license to be able to activate Windows 10. Windows must be activated to be able to upgrade to Windows 11. Still says evolution copy after I activate Windows 10. Still cannot upgrade to Windows 11. A waste of money.

5. SleepyD7

SleepyD7 Bit poster