Logitech MX3 mouse not recognized

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PhillM, Aug 9, 2021.

1. PhillM

PhillM Bit poster

I have tried to configure a Logitech MX master 3 mouse in the Windows 10 guest OS but the OS won't recognize it. The MBP 16" does via either BT or Unify dongle. Neither work in windows. What is the answer?

AlexandreB3 likes this.
  2. Hello, are you running Parallels Desktop 17?

3. PhillM

PhillM Bit poster

yes, did not work on 16 either

AlexandreB3 likes this.
  4. PhillM

PhillM Bit poster

Just so this thread does not die let me change the way I asked the question. How does parallels require Bluetooth devices to be presented? this cant be a new issue. if Mac recognizes the device what stops windows 10 from fully seeing it? Currently it sees a mouse but not the model meaning its functionality is limited to 3 buttons the others are not recognized. Nor does it see the unify dongle when plugged in

AlexandreB3 likes this.
  5. PhillM

PhillM Bit poster

Is there and answer pending here? I need to know if the windows VM can actually see the real product attached to the MAc? if it cant then buying any special BT accessory is a waste of money as it will not be properly recognized. it would be nice to know if this is the situation

AlexandreB3 likes this.
  6. SparS

SparS

On this page there is a mention about bluetooth mouse:
    • Bluetooth mouse and keyboard cannot be connected straight to the guest OS to avoid Mac loosing controllers.
    To be honest we should have the ability to bypass this.
    I have MX Master 3 for Mac and it can connect to 3 devices separately but not at the same time.
    I wanted to use 1 slot for Macbook, second one for Windows VM to have the rich features of this mouse.

AlexandreB3 likes this.
  7. AlexandreB3

AlexandreB3 Bit poster

Maria@Parallels are you or someone from your team is going to respond to this issue?
    It's also really bugging me. My settings on the MX3 are a big time saver and they don't transfer to parallels.
    Also, as discussed in this tread the fact that the virtual machine cannot recognise the device on its own means that installing logi options in windows VM is useless.