Monterey VM on M1 Monterey MBA: no network

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JPJ1, Aug 18, 2021.

1. JPJ1

JPJ1 Bit poster

Hi,

I am using Parallels 17.0.0 and downloaded the macOS VM (Monterey Beta) that was proposed.
    The download and installation went fine, but the resulting VM has no networking. It fails to get a DHCP address, and setting up a manual one does not work either.
    Anyone else with this issue?
    Thx!

2. MattD14

MattD14 Bit poster

M1 MacOS Monterey VMs are working great for me, though my host Mac Mini is on a wired connection. It appears that the networking config for Apple Silicon MacOS guests is completely disconnected from the usual Parallels networking config in the current build of Parallels 17, and currently appears to be hardcoded to use 192.168.64.0/24, so if that conflicts with your wireless network's addressing scheme, that could be the problem...

3. JPJ1

JPJ1 Bit poster

Figured it out: culprit was the firewall software on my Mac. As @MattD14 comments, this VM cannot be configured and uses a network that bypasses all Parallels networking configuration. Issue is solved, and the VM has networking.