installed Mac 17 update and now windows inop just black screen

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MillieG, Aug 18, 2021.

1. MillieG

MillieG Bit poster

Has anyone has issues after installing the v17 update? I now just have a black screen and no windows 10 access. I tried the chat and telephone help desk but no one picks up or responds..please help

2. AndrewC37

AndrewC37 Bit poster

Yes, I am seeing the exact same thing. Also, mouse input is extremely laggy/sluggish.

3. UtkarshP

UtkarshP Bit poster

Same problem. Moreover, the cursor gets stuck too. Tried reinstalling Parallels. No difference

4. Anand48

Anand48 Member

Hi, please take a snapshot and then force restart your Windows virtual machine to check on the issue.
    1. To take a snapshot, refer to ( https://kb.parallels.com/5691#:~:text=Work with Snapshots-,Take a Snapshot,-Start Parallels Desktop ).
    2. To force restart Windows, refer to ( https://kb.parallels.com/123094#:~:text=go to Actions on Mac menu bar > click Reset ). Thanks.

5. MannyR1

MannyR1 Bit poster

@Anand@Parallels I have the same issue as the original poster and your suggested solution didn't work. What's the next step?

6. PattiV

PattiV Bit poster

OMG, yes. First it was the mouse scrolling that stopped working. (Tried different mouses, restarts, etc.) Tried removing and reinstalling Parallels Tools. Really honked up the system. Shared folders aren't shared, mouse pointer is goofy, etc. Really bummed since I have now wasted the whole day, and I am self-employed so no work = no pay.

7. PattiV

PattiV Bit poster

Update - for whatever reason, installing Parallels Tools for maybe the 4th or 5th time seemed to fix everything. Taking a snapshot! :0

8. Mohamed8

Mohamed8 Bit poster

it is not working, so there is no meaning for making the snapshots since all of them are dark windows

9. Hi, did you reset your virtual machine and get the same issue?
    Are you unable to start your new installed Windows or virtual machine that you have before?

10. Did you try to reset your Windows virtual machine?

11. Mohamed8

Mohamed8 Bit poster

It was a space problem, after empty some space now it is working.
    thanks
    Mohamed