Games not rendering properly

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by StevenG9, Aug 18, 2021.

1. StevenG9

StevenG9 Bit poster

So im currently in the 14 day trail period so i thought id give Parallels a go because i have upgrade to the new M1 mac running Big Sur. The macbook is the newest 2020 model with 8gb of ram.

Windows 10 seems to work excellently with not issue so far and most games run okay with no problems. But there are some older game that Windows can play that seem to not render properly. I wanted to see if i could play older games such as FEAR and the original FarCry. I noticed in these games that they are not rendered properly. I think its lighting problem as green and blue replace areas in the game that shouldnt be green or even blue. For instance in FarCry when you first play the game the tunnel in front of you is green and flickers blue, then when you seen the beach through the crack in the wall its all gree including the sea. FEAR is similar whereas in the first chapter it glows an eary green colour. Im convinced its a lighting render problem. Im not expect these game to function 1005 but ive tried to alter the graphics chip windows uses, ive tried different resolutions aswell but it dosent work. ive even tweaked the settings to see what i can do to reduce it.

Ive tried other games such as Half-Life, Half-Life 2 and even GTAV and they all work perfectly. Even Half-Life 2 mod Black Mesa performs perfectly.
    Even fallout 76 works.

Im assuming its cos FEAR and FarCry are older games and are no longer supported by the devs, i was wondering if anyone had maybe had the same issue with other games and found a work around?

2. Pummelchen

Pummelchen Junior Member

In Battlefield 1 the fog is also shown as colored squares.