Mouse synchronization failing to work and Coherence mode failing to launch

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MarcusC33, Jul 14, 2021.

1. MarcusC33

MarcusC33 Bit poster

After installing the latest update for Parallels, my mouse has become invisible and will not function at all, and it seems the keyboard is in the same state as pressing any combination of keys does nothing. I can see the Virtual Machine is running and *not* frozen as the clock in the bottom right corner ticks along as normal. After I installed the aforementioned Parallels update, I launched Steam and tried to connect a Playstation 3 controller to play a game, which worked successfully. Since doing so and exiting the game, however, the problem has arisen. When I attempt to launch Coherence mode the following error message appears: "Unable to switch to Coherence - The Parallels mouse synchronisation service is not started. Reinstall Parallels Tools and try again." I have tried switching the mouse and keyboard optimisation in the Configure settings and have reinstalled both Parallel 16 and Parallel Toolbox multiple times with no success. I have searched the forums for help, but none of the solutions given to people who have experienced the same problem has worked for me, unfortunately. The odd thing that confuses me the most is that if I shut down Windows and relaunch, and press ESC for configuration when the boot-up screen appears, my keyboard works as normal and I can navigate the menu. I would really appreciate any help and instructions for this problem!

2. MarcusC33

MarcusC33 Bit poster

Ah yes, I meant to say I've reinstalled Parallels Tools multiple times as found in the Actions menu. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Toolbox as well to no avail either. Thank you for the response, it's really appreciated!

3. PeterS80

PeterS80 Bit poster

Hi,
    I use a windows 10 pro installation in the VM. I also cannot change into coherence mode with the message that the parallels mouse synchronisation service is not started. I also have to release the mouse with control alt. I reinstalled several times the Parallels Tools without success.

4. TENH

TENH Bit poster

same problem here, tried all the above and awaiting an urgent solution here since I can't work now

5. DmitriG

DmitriG Bit poster

Same issue here. Also tried to reinstall parallels tools (clean install) several times without any changes. Coherence mode cannot be started due to mouse synchronization issue.
    I rolled back to previous version (16) and it works fine there. Any solutions?

6. TENH

TENH Bit poster

I just updated to Big Sur 11.5.2 and it works now, hope it does for you too !

7. DmitriG

DmitriG Bit poster

Unfortunately it does not helped, still coherence not working

8. ThomasJ27

ThomasJ27 Bit poster

Same issue here on a 2015 MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.5.2. Deleted and reinstalled Parallels 17 on the Mac and uninstalled and reinstalled Parallels Tools multiple times. Everything worked fine with the ONLY change being updating Paralles to v17.

9. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

I have the same issues on a 2020 MacBook Pro Big Sur 11.5.1.

10. ThomasJ27

ThomasJ27 Bit poster

Where is the Parallels regarding this issue? I just paid for two licenses but fortunately only updated my least used computer at this point. I will not be updating my primary machine until this issue is resolved. Very surprised that the Parallels team is ignoring this post?

RobertU1 and DmitriG like this.
  11. RobertU1

RobertU1 Bit poster

I have the same issue that ThomasJ27 has with 1 of my clients. He just updated 1 computer to V17 and is having this mouse issue. We won't be updating his main computer until this is resolved.

12. ChristianL17

ChristianL17 Bit poster

Same issue here. Also tried to reinstall parallels tools (clean install) several times without any changes, created a new VM and installed everything from scratch. Coherence mode cannot be started due to mouse synchronization issue, have to release the mouse with control alt. This needs to be fixed soon! Hope the Parallels team is doing something about it!

13. RobertU1

RobertU1 Bit poster

I just installed the latest update to P17, and it seems to have fixed the mouse issue for me.

14. Tim28

Tim28 Bit poster

I am still having this problem on the newest version 17.1.1 :(. I can't use neither keyboard or mouse. Only solution is to reinstall windows.

15. ChiN2

ChiN2 Bit poster

Hiya, I got the same prob as well

16. KarenP4

KarenP4 Bit poster

I have the same problem with my Macbook Pro 2021 with Monterey 12.4 and Parallels 17...

17. E__3

E__3 Bit poster