This license key is already registered in a different account.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HughK1, May 23, 2021.

1. HughK1

HughK1 Bit poster

I purchased a permanent (upgrade) license on March 2, 2021. However, I am getting the error: "This license key is already registered in a different account" when I try to install it on a new computer, or even checking the account on the computer I've been using it on. The license is also not showing on my Parallels account page. I've had the same Parallels account since 2006, and I didn't create a new account just for this upgrade. I'm able to log in to the Parallels site with this account. But when I try to get support it's not even showing email or phone as an option, as it says I don't have any current licenses. It shows only options (none of which I used, eg. Facebook messenger, Twitter). No idea how to even get in contact with Parallels to resolve this.

2. Hello, could you provide us with your license key and Parallels Account email address via the private message please?

3. AndyP6

AndyP6 Bit poster

hi I have same issue how to resolve it please help

4. AndyP6

AndyP6 Bit poster

I got a license couple week ago. Active it and use it than my Mac died and had to get a new Mac .
    I reinstalled parallel and when try to active my licence and move it to my new Mac it say that the licence is
    associated with another parallels account. I don't own any other account.
    Please help me thanks in advance .

5. Hi,
    we've just sent you a private message,
    please get back to us with the requested information.
    Looking forward to your reply and will be glad to help.

6. DaveG9

DaveG9 Bit poster

Hi Maria, I am having the same issue. Can you help? Thanks!

7. Anand48

Anand48 Member

Hi, we've just sent you a private message, please check. Thanks.

8. DonG12

DonG12 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Can some please help. I just renewed my Business Edition and when I go to the home page for the support it's not showing and active products. My logic board was just replaced on my Mac and when I try to reinstall Parallels I keep getting I've reached my license limit. It's not giving me the option to "Activate on This Mac" Please help.
    Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 5.57.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 7.00.03 PM.png

9. Hello, there is no license key associated with your email address don.***ham@g****ham.net
    Could you share the license key with us please?

10. EmielH

EmielH Bit poster

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I purchased a permanent license on September 2, 2016. Then I upgraded to Parallels 16 (2 months ago). However, I am getting the error: "This license key is already registered in a different account" when I try to install Parallels 16 and activate it on my new MacBook Pro M1.
    Can some please help?

11. Hi, could you share your license key with us please?
    Check your inbox for more information.

12. JoeL13

JoeL13 Bit poster

Same problem here. I've had a pro subscription since 2017, trying to move to a new Mac. Same message about the license key.
    Help!

13. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with your Parallels Desktop license key there.

14. ChristianG16

ChristianG16 Bit poster

Same problem here. I had a subscription the last year, but after renewing they licence key I receive that info message: "This licence key is already registered in a different account." PLease help.

15. GabrielleS1

GabrielleS1 Bit poster

I am having the same issue and cannot get a hold of anyone at customer service through the Facebook Messenger option. Please help!

16. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with your Parallels Desktop for Mac license key over there so that we can check this further. Thanks.

17. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with your Parallels Desktop for Mac license key over there so that we can check this further. Thanks.

18. AllenL2

AllenL2 Bit poster

Same problem here. I had a subscription last month,I can't find the lincense in my products.

19. AlpS

AlpS Bit poster

Hello, I get this issue too. But Parallels has the "email support" option greyed out. I tried Messenger but nobody responses.
    Can somebody here help?
    I get that I purchased this many years ago and you don't want to offer me any more support. But you need to allow users like me to still reach your support if you're going to have this license check in place please.
    TIA.

20. setthapk

setthapk Bit poster

Hi, I got the same issues too, what can I do?