Unable to install RTPMIDI in ARM WIN10 preview

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by LukeD3, Aug 22, 2021.

1. LukeD3

LukeD3 Bit poster

Running Parallels version 16 on a 2020 M1 MacBook Air. Installed the appropriate preview from Windows insider. No issues.

Problem: Cannot establish network MIDI connection between macOS 11.5.2 (host)/Windows ARM preview (as I cannot install the RTPMIDI application) on the ARM version of Windows 10. Always gives an installation error for RTPMIDI. Have tried compatibility solutions to no avail.

Any advice? I'm not sure if it's related to Parallels, the ARM WIN 10 preview, or the RTPMIDI application. In any case, my main use of Windows via Parallels is no longer working. Hope somebody can help. Thanks

2. LukeD3

LukeD3 Bit poster

An update to this...
    I copied some files manually from WIN 10 and got the software to work -- rtpMIDI.
    However a particular driver called "teVirtualMIDI" cannot be installed and therefore virtual MIDI ports from rtpMIDI to other MIDI receivers cannot be created -- thus the software remains unusable.

It also seems that no USB devices requiring drivers can be installed under WIN 11.

DD_1 likes this.
  3. DD_1

DD_1 Bit poster

It also seems that no USB devices requiring drivers can be installed under WIN 11.[/QUOTE]
    I don't know how to solve this problem with drivers for the usb.

4. MichaelL79

MichaelL79 Bit poster

Any updates on this?

5. LukeD3

LukeD3 Bit poster

Nothing to speak of AFAIK

6. Mihai

Mihai Bit poster

I'm on macbook pro M1 with Parallels 17 and win11 arm64

Nothing related to midi works.

I needed rtpMidi https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html but fails to install.
    Tried a generic physical M-audio midi controller connected to Parallels which is recognized but doesn't appear as an input device for WebMidi.