Parrallells 17 windows 11arm. DS4 windows or any other support for controllers?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by DonaldW7, Aug 31, 2021.

1. DonaldW7

DonaldW7 Bit poster

I have steam games etc, and I tried every combination imaginable. I did bluetooth on Mac side, bluetooth on windows side. Both sides pick up a controller, but when I play games, steam games aren't working with it. One game I want to play says to use DS4 windows, I install it on windows side, and it doesn't detect my controllers. If I could get that to work then I think I would be golden. I have also tried to usb it to iMac, and use the configuration setting for parallels to let controllers be used on virtual machine, still isn't being picked up.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be great or how to get ds4windows to be detected by parallels to visibly see the controllers would be excellent. I have figured out pretty much everything else, just can't get controllers to be recognized by a game I want to play and its frustrating, if I can get this to work its why I want to buy parallels honestly.

2. OliverT5

OliverT5 Bit poster

I've had limited success with controllers. Disable all steam controller support, then once in game connect the DS4 via usb and select the Windows option when Parallels asks where you want it connected. This works for Phasmaphobia anyway

3. HasnainI

HasnainI Bit poster

I am using Parallel 17 trial with both windows 10 and windows 11. I am unable to make ps4 controller to work with windows. I am able to pair it but when I open any game to play it does not work. I was searching to find solution but unable to find one. This is a deal breaker because I wanted parallel on mac to try some games.

Any one from parallel support or anybody any idea how to make it work or it is completely broken

4. BrandonH7

BrandonH7 Bit poster

I have the same issue. I can eventually get controllers to pair but nothing actually recognizes them unless plugged in via USB.