Windows Screen Going Black

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by DiogoS2, Aug 28, 2021.

1. DiogoS2

DiogoS2 Bit poster

It started happening this week. I'm running windowns Arm on my iMac M1 on full screen on a separate "windows". So, I can switch back and forth between Mac and Windows with a finger swipe.
    Very often when I switch back to Windows, the screen is black. I can see the mouse course changing (if text, etc) but I can't see anything. The only option I have is to reset the Windows and lose everything I had opened.
    I'm on Parallels 16. Mac OS 11.5.2
    Are you guys forcing me to "upgrade"-buy the Parallels 17?

2. LuckyD

LuckyD Bit poster

It started happening this week. I'm running windowns Arm on my iMac M1 on full screen on a separate "windows". So, I can switch back and forth between Mac and Windows with a finger swipe.
    Very often when I switch back to Windows, the screen is black. I can see the mouse course changing (if text, etc) but I can't see anything. The only option I have is to reset the Windows and lose everything I had opened.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2021
  3. DiogoS2

DiogoS2 Bit poster

It's happening all the time. Even on coherence mode.
    We get no answer. It's not even guarantee if upgrading to V17 will solve the issue.

4. DianaM2

DianaM2 Bit poster

BLACK SCREEN. I have nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. My business is shut down again. I cannot access QBooks to create Pos, shipping, etc.

It also happened on August 12. That time it helped to uninstall.

HELP! I cannot follow complicated directions to delete parts of windows because I have nothing but a black screen.

5. Anand48

Anand48 Member

Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please take a snapshot and then force restart your Windows virtual machine to check on the issue.
    1. To take a snapshot, refer to ( https://kb.parallels.com/5691#:~:text=Work with Snapshots-,Take a Snapshot,-Start Parallels Desktop ).
    2. To force restart Windows, refer to ( https://kb.parallels.com/123094#:~:text=go to Actions on Mac menu bar > click Reset ). Thanks.

6. DiogoS2

DiogoS2 Bit poster

I took a snapshot. Now what?
    Any solution on this. I believe I should be entitled to get V17 upgrade at no cost as I purchased V16 recently.