Can I have local IIS on windows arm?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AlexanderW6, Aug 21, 2021.

1. AlexanderW6

AlexanderW6 Bit poster

Hi folk,
    I installed windows arm preview on my m1 mac, and I tried to enable the local IIS but I couldn't so I upgrade that version to Windows 11 preview hoping to have that option but still not appearing in windows features :(. I tried with Web Platform Installer but I dont not which option I need to install.
    Shall you need me with this guys?

Thank!

Attached Files:

2. MichaelM117

MichaelM117 Bit poster

I'm afraid there is no support for IIS for Windows on Arm. This information is straight from Microsoft. It didn't sound as though there were any plans to add it, either. I ended up installing the Windows version of the Apache web server instead. Seems to be working fine so far.

3. AlexanderW6

AlexanderW6 Bit poster

Thank you very much, did you installed it from Web Platform Installer? This is a big blocker for me because I need to install certificsates on the iis and make some routes configurations, maybe I can do it on iis express... I will try.

Thanks!

4. JustinT5

JustinT5 Bit poster

AlexanderW6, have you made any progress on this? I'm using Windows 11 Preview for ARM in Parallels on a Mac w/an M1 Max chip, and need to be able to run our ASP.NET Core 3.1 web apps in IIS.

MichaelM117, how were you able to run your app with Apache? From what I'm reading, Apache doesn't support running ASP.NET Core apps...

5. MichaelL39

MichaelL39 Bit poster

Unfortunately, I'm not running any ASP.NET apps. I'm using ColdFusion, which integrates nicely with Apache. Surely there's a way to run .NET in Apache, though, right? I'll be interested to see what you learn.

6. AlexanderW6

AlexanderW6 Bit poster

No, I couldnt Im chasing every parallel and windows updates to see if they include that feature into the updates but not. it's frustrating that something as important as a local iis is not included

7. ShereefM

ShereefM Bit poster

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Apple M1 Pro

Running Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2
    OS build 22000.376
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0

on Parallels 17: Processor Apple Silicon 3.20 GHz (4 processors) Installed RAM 8.00 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor

Everything except IIS installs and runs fine: VS 2022, VS code and SSMS 18.10

We need IIS on Windows 11 ARM or we need emulation to be able to install the normal version of windows @parallels please help!

8. GabrielG7

GabrielG7 Bit poster

Im rush in a same problem, I need run iis express on Windows 11 ARM. Any ideas for it.

9. JustinT5

JustinT5 Bit poster

Today is the day!!! Microsoft finally came through and delivered IIS support on the Windows 11 *Preview* version for ARM, build 22563.1. We can now fully develop .NET / SQL Server applications on newer Macbook Pro's with M1 chips. Just check for Windows updates in the Preview channel, then after updating and rebooting, you will see the familiar IIS options in the Turn Windows Features On / Off dialog.

ShereefM likes this.
  10. ShereefM

ShereefM Bit poster

That's amazing news. what's your source please ?

11. MarcinP2

MarcinP2 Bit poster

It'S true !!!!

12. AlexanderW6

AlexanderW6 Bit poster

I finally made this work! The new windows/paralles update allows me to install IIS Local and Express (Take care to don't install Net Framework features because that break all).

I'm so happy because I finally can completely leave my old computer and work only on the Mac. Thanks!

13. DonovanW2

DonovanW2 Bit poster

This no longer works for me on an M1 Max MacBook Pro. IIS throws a 503 error re netcorev2.dll
    Is anyone able to run IIS site with .net framework