PD 17 Win10 Pro / Outlook indexing hangs

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MarvD, Aug 26, 2021.

1. MarvD

MarvD Bit poster

Running PD17 on a Mac M1 with Win10 Pro for ARM and Outlook from MS365 and found that searching contacts wasn't working (not uncommon for Outlook). Tried rebuilding the index and found that Windows indexing hangs after about 500 items with a message "outlook office 365 indexing speed is reduced due to user activity" and never progresses any further (when Outlook is included as an indexed item). Tried rebuilding the index several times, same behavior. If I exclude Outlook as an indexed item it completes indexing, and contact search seems to work (though a message "Something went wrong and your search couldn't be completed" appears at the top of the search results). Wondering if anyone else can replicate this behavior?

2. SirCodesALot

SirCodesALot Member

Possibly related, I've noticed that the disk I/O is horrendous in PD17. I'm kind of regretting not waiting for a while now...

3. Wallabebe

Wallabebe Bit poster

I'm experiencing the same issue; I'm running PD17 with Win11 Pro for ARM and M365. Indexing appears to complete successfully but any search for contacts provides zero results. Other searches appear to work correctly, but my faith is shaken and I suspect that there are many things missing from the results. I'm not confident that this is going to be resolved, but I have no option but to wait.