Windows 10 ARM (not Windows 11) Install on M1 September 2021

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by PP_3, Sep 13, 2021.

1. PP_3

PP_3 Bit poster

Hi Folks,

I just got my m1 and I need to install Windows 10 Arm to run some work softwares.
    When I follow process, everything seems to direct me to Windows 11 files, and the installation on my Mac was also done based on Windows 11 file as that seem to be the one available for download. Since I can not run Windows 11 due to work softwares, I do need Windows 10... can anyone link me to download page where I am download WINDOWS 10 ARM files to manually.

Spent 4 hours so far, no luck, hope you guys can help

2. Burak

Burak Bit poster

yep same here.. i spent a day, actually and couldn't find anything. i don't think it is possible anymore so i feel like i no longer need to buy parallels for mac.

3. AppleO

AppleO Junior Member

Strangely MS still name the filename Windows 10 Arm! But yes, it is a fresh ISO install for Windows 11 based ARM (which I guess is the ARM standard for MS now)

4. AppleO

AppleO Junior Member

I can't seem to edit my message above, but just wanted to add that a day or so after a fresh install of this Windows 11 ARM file I have not had any incompatibility message, warning or error in the settings. Activation was smooth and windows update works fine. I haven't even added the TPM chip to the Parallels control panel (though I think this is only required for Windows Hello or fingerprint scanning etc.)