Wrong keyboard layout Windows Server 2019

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by MartijnR1, Feb 22, 2021.

1. MartijnR1

MartijnR1 Bit poster

I am using Parallels Client V18.0.0 connecting to Windows Server 2019.
    I have a Dutch MacBook.

Whenever I type for example a ; i get an < on the remote machine. This makes working on it impossible.
    If I change the layout of the keyboard on the Windows machine to Dutch or Us or whatever it does not seem to change anyhting.

What can I do?

BenjaminM6 likes this.
  2. BenjaminM6

BenjaminM6 Bit poster

Users have been reporting this issue since the Big Sur update, but I see no sign that the developers are working on a solution.
    I've had multiple email conversations with support on this, but they stopped responding months ago.

It really is impossible to work with a US keyboard layout when the keyboard you're using isn't US. I would really like to go back to using Parallels Client, but for now I have to settle for Microsoft Remote Desktop, which at least understands what keyboard I'm using.

3. MartijnR1

MartijnR1 Bit poster

I actually got it working by contacting support of paperspace (where the machine was that I am using):

Hi Martijn,

We support only two keyboard layouts, they're US-QWERTY and DE-German. If you're using another layout, your keys will not coincide. It's best to set the keyboard layout to US on the mac when you're working on the VM.

Kind regards,

BenjaminM6 likes this.
  4. EnricoD2

EnricoD2 Bit poster

... so basically the answer is "that's it. US or DE keyboard layout only"... ?
    I have the same problem on my macboook with IT-QWERTY layout... :(