Windows 11 (paralles 17) no updates

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Al8cV, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Al8cV

Al8cV Bit poster

Hello, I have a problem with windows 11. Well, the system works perfectly, after turning on the tmp chip, I was able to join the insider program, only one problem .. windows does not get any updates .. only what is defender for windows and when it comes to the system itself it's no .. current version is 22000.132

2. Martin19xx

Martin19xx Bit poster

I've had the same problem.
    After two days or so the updates started to work. I'm in the beta channel.

3. James Rome

James Rome Hunter

Today, Windows 11 Developer refused to install again
    It now says it must support TPM2 and secure boot. I have Parallels 17.0.1

4. dwilliamhouston

dwilliamhouston Bit poster

James. Had the same issue yesterday and found you have to enable TPM under configuration.

1. Shut down Windows.
    2. Open the virtual machine's configuration > Hardware > click + > select TPM chip > click Add
    3. Launch Windows. Windows will automatically detect the TPM chip. You can now use Windows features and applications that require TPM.

You should be able to upgrade to latest release of Windows 11 build.

A.B.C likes this.
  5. Soham

Soham Bit poster

Please don't take my word for it, but this is very pity that TPM chip is not enable by default. Parallels announce the support of virtual TPM chip for Windows 11, but never provided any sort of instruction, never mentioned Parallels Desktop 17 webpage and never mentioned about TPM on Windows 11 instructional video from Parallels.
    Parallels needs to elaborate more on it and TPM chip should be enable by default for Windows 10 & 11 with Secure Boot enable and UEFI BIOS supported.