One device, 2 User accounts

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Noriel, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Noriel

Noriel Bit poster

Can I use the Parallels DesktopStandard Edition on one device (Macbook Pro M1) but with 2-3 user accounts? Of course I will use is one at a time.

Thanks!

2. Hello, would you like to use your Parallels Desktop application on several Macs?
    If you would like to share your virtual machine between your mac users please check this KB article.

3. Noriel

Noriel Bit poster

Im not sure if my English was bad, Im sorry. But I said ONE DEVICE (Macbook Pro M1).
    I have ONLY ONE DEVICE, and that is Macbook Pro M1. Just ONE DEVICE.
    On that ONE DEVICE or ONE MAC, I have 2 Users namely Bob and John.
    I activated Parallels and created a Virtual Machine called Windows10 Gaming on BOB's account.
    Now, I want to switch user and log in as JOHN and I want to create another virtual machine called Win11 Work

So, in ONE DEVICE I have TWO USERS and both users created and use 2 different virtual machines (Windows10 Gaming and Win11 Work) ... I am okay in terms of Licensing?

Thanks!

4. Yes, everything is OK with the licensing.
    If you have any issues with sharing your virtual machine please let us know.

5. FabioL3

FabioL3 Bit poster

Hi Maria
    First, thanks for helping us users...

I have the same issue.
    My Parallels installed under my main user account is working just fine.
    But need the computer to be started by another person in the morning, and sure, don't want to share my admin password to them.
    So I created another standard user account in my Mac, that has permission to start the Mac, but Parallels don't appear for this new user...

Tried the KB article and the solutions there is much complicated.... But even before I started trying the Terminal commands, the Parallels in this new user account asked for installing the Windows again.

How the article never says anything about installing the Windows again I got surprised, but started the installation.
    Soon it asks a username and a password to start the Windows itself. I don't have it.
    When using in the main user account I just click and it opens, no password required...

What am I doing wrong ?
    Did I really need to install Windows again to share de VM ?
    What user and password should I use to start the Windows ?

Thanks for helping !
    Need this for work.
    Fabio Leite