Push Install Parallels Client

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by JeffS22, Sep 26, 2021.

1. JeffS22

JeffS22 Bit poster

Is there a way to push install an updated Parallels Windows Client app to remote users?

We've enforced "Use Current Client "Allow only clients with the latest security patches" requirement only to end up with more headaches than solutions. Too often when the user updates their client, they lose current settings. Users are not sophisticated enough to backup their current settings prior to upgrade.

2. jpc

jpc Pro

I'm afraid the best there is, is a RAS policy setting to force the client to perform an update check on startup. The next best thing would be to send fresh invites for the clients (RAS Console > Start > Invite Users).
    As for "Too often when the user updates their client, they lose current settings.". I don't think this should happen by default (unless they are maybe using the basic/portable version, and even then, I would consider it a product defect if it happens because of the client update). I would contact support if this happens that frequently.

3. Sergei Bobrovnik

Sergei Bobrovnik Parallels Team

We've fixed the similar issue in Parallels Client v18.2 (build number 18.2.0 (22862))

>Fixed: Upgrading Parallels Client using argument OVERRIDEUSERSETTINGS=1 IGNORESETTCREDS=0 might result in deleting existing connections.

We didn't have any other issue reports except the problem with the parameters listed above.

Would you mind monitoring the behavior using this client build or newer? Should the issue with losing existing connections reoccur, please reach to our support team; colleagues will be glad to help.