Turning of presentation mode and having back desktop files on mac

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by IgorB7, Jan 20, 2021.

1. IgorB7

IgorB7 Bit poster

How can I turn off presentation mode and have back all the desktop files back?

2. alev

alev Parallels Team

Select Toolbox icon in the macOS menubar, find and click Presentation Mode icon. Or run Presentation Mode app via macOS Spotlight. Whatever is easier for you.
    This will work as On/Off switch.

3. IgorB7

IgorB7 Bit poster

But it didn't show back my files on the desktop?

4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    check that the tool 'Hide Desktop Files' are also switched off.
    For additional information please generate Technical Report and post its ID here (https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107).

5. EricT19

EricT19 Bit poster

Hello, I've tried all suggestions to turn off presentation mode and none work. Extremely frustrating and colossal waste of time. any help very much appreciated. thanks.

6. EricT19

EricT19 Bit poster

I figured it out. Had to remove the external display and restart, then add back display to get the "do you want to enable" message.

7. JimB10

JimB10 Bit poster

Also in this situation. I turned on presentation mode in my MacBook Pro and now can't get out of it. I have tried the advice given above. I have checked the display settings in System Preferences and there isn't anything about Parallels display mode I can turn off. If I just uninstall Toolbox will I get my proper display back?

8. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    to clear the situation - are you unable to turn off Presentation Mode or do you still have invisible files on Desktop after switching Presentation Mode off?