Issue downloading videos

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by JoelN3, Sep 20, 2021.

1. JoelN3

JoelN3 Bit poster

Hey!
    Im experiencing trouble downloading videos from YouTube. Get a lot of messages that there is a problem combining audio and video when I'm trying, almost every time. Im using Mac Big Sur 11.6. Have a feeling that it started when I got the latest update from Apple. Anyone else with te same problem? Any solutions?

Thanks!

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    thank you for reporting this issue. Could you provide us with a link to problem video?

3. DavidK13

DavidK13 Bit poster

Exactly the same here - i only use Parallels Toolbox for the video download, nothing else!

It seems ok with .mp4 downloads but evey .webm download will fail with "Failed to combine audio" errors.

Can this be fixed???

4. SilvanC

SilvanC Member

Thanks for reporting the issue. Could you provide a link to the video you are trying to download please? We'd like to confirm that this is the same issue as another one we've identified, which will be fixed in the next release.

5. DavidK13

DavidK13 Bit poster

There are plenty, this is an example..

6. SilvanC

SilvanC Member

Thankyou for the link! A fix for this issue will be available soon in upcoming releases of Parallels Toolbox

DavidK13 likes this.
  7. LawrenceE3

LawrenceE3 Bit poster

Just upgraded to Monterey OS 12.0.1 and updated Parallels and Toolbox. The "Download Video" tool is extremely slow downloading, to the point of just stopping altogether. I allowed one download to run overnight and it just stopped completely. Didn't have this issue prior to the upgrade of both. Coincidence?

8. QuinnP1

QuinnP1 Bit poster

Hello all.

I'm experiencing similar issues - downloading from YouTube has become incredibly slow, to the point of being unusable. We're talking Kb per second; slower than realtime playback. Download from Vimeo still as fast as it was previously. This slow download began a month or two ago - I eventually updated to the latest Parallels version but to no improvement. Any suggestion? Because I'll have to cancel subscription at this rate.

9. DanS24

DanS24 Bit poster

I also have had the slow kb video download behavior for at least a few months now. Not sure if this is the thread to continue the bug reporting, but putting it out there to make sure it gets reported and hopefully addressed.

10. QuinnP1

QuinnP1 Bit poster

Thanks very much for your reply!

11. DavidK13

DavidK13 Bit poster

Its seems the latest update has fixed the video downloader, it now seems to download fine :):):)

However, despite the info and source showing it is 1080p, the download quality is more like 480x640 :(:( absolutely terrible - the file size is small too, a 44mb download is compressed to ~20mb when saved - probably why the quality is terrible.

The settings are all at auto maximum as usual

PLEASE FIX THE TOOL again - it is the only reason I subscribe to Parrallels now, thanks.

12. DavidK13

DavidK13 Bit poster

Update from my reply above - the tool DOES work however the issue lies in the setting to select max quality - if I select "high quality" instead of "maximum available, it works perfectly, much faster and better quality.

13. Hi, does the issue with the small size of video and 480x640 size still there?

14. DavidK13

DavidK13 Bit poster

Hi

yes, if you choose "maximum quality/ auto" option in settings, if you choose "up to 1080p" option it works ok but obviously only up to 1080p :)