Running Diablo II Resurrection on M1 Mac - anyone successful???

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by SWANDY, Sep 27, 2021.

1. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Has anyone been successful running Diablo II Resurrection on an M1 Mac? I have an M1 iMac running Parallels 17 and Windows 11 for ARM. I was unable to get the beta to run when it was released a few weeks back and hesitant to purchase the released version without any ideas on the likelihood of getting it to run on an M1 iMac/Parallels/Windows 11. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. JohnC80

JohnC80 Bit poster

A little late but currently D2R is not possible. D2R requires directx 12. Which requires the WDDM 2.0 driver..... which is a prerequisite for windows 11 (officially) but the driver is currently in development... so while the insider versions for windows 11 worked on the M1 with parallels 17, the combination for official compatibility for Windows 11 on an ARM M1 is currently "no".

3. BrunoG4

BrunoG4 Bit poster

If (and that is a BIG if) Parallels manage to develop this WDDM driver and make D2R possible on M1 Macs, it will probably be released as Parallels v18 so we have to buy it all again. Worst customer post-sale I've ever seen. Been buying Parallels for ages but I am really disappointed this time with the v16.5 - v17 maneuver.