Bug in the Transform Text - Title Case Function

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by HirsuteJim, Sep 1, 2021.

1. HirsuteJim

HirsuteJim Bit poster

I believe this to be a bug, however, if it is not a bug then I would like this feature added to the Transform Text utility within Parallels Toolbox for Mac Version 5.0.1 (4027).

My Source Text: FIRST M. LAST and FIRST M. LAST
    My Desired Result/Output: First M. Last and First M. Last
    The result/output using the "Capitalized Case" function: First M. Last And First M. Last (The letter 'A' should NOT be capitalized)
    The result/output using the "Title Case (English only)" function: FIRST M. LAST and FIRST M LAST (The first and last names should not be all caps)
    I think that you may have a bug in your Title Case function as I don't think that leaving source words in All Caps is part of the "Title Case" definition. See this link for the official APA style for Title Case https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/capitalization/title-case
    Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 11.09.10 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 11.07.16 AM.png

Attached Files:

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

thank you for feedback about Transform Text tool. We will consider your suggestion about Capitalized Case and Title Case transformations.