USB Support - RC version

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by agrj, May 19, 2006.

1. agrj

agrj Member

Just an Update. RC version and still ICD2 from microchip don't work. I still get the 5-10 seconds to wait message. Please, this is the main reason I have bought the PW!!! I need to use it in my work!!!

any idea when it will be fixed?

2. Jay Levitt

Jay Levitt Member

Confirm that the Wacom tablet still acts only as a normal mouse under RC. I think unless/until they implement "bypass" support, we'll see things like this.. there's just no way they can write shared/synchronizing drivers for every single device out there.

3. agrj

agrj Member

Please, could you explain what is a Wacom tablet? sorry, but I didn't understand anything you said. where can I find this kind of information?

thanks

Aryldo

4. wesley

wesley Pro

5. agrj

agrj Member

Sorry, but I might be missing something here. where is "my" fisical wacom tablet installed? what exactly is it?

and then, where can I go to configure it?

thanks

Aryldo

6. skelley

skelley Bit poster

Blackberry Sync'd !

I downloaded the new RC and was able to sync my Blackberry to Outlook in the VM. Excellent!

Thanks Parallels.

7. jsqr

jsqr Bit poster

There are several varieties of Wacom tablets. ALl are used for computer graphics work, and are a separate purchase - not part of the OEM, and not part of the OS. If you do purchase and install one, then you install a set of drivers furnished by Wacom with the product and configure your system using software that Wacom provides.

Unless you have a specific need for the tablet, you may not want to be concerned with configuring it (except maybe as an intellectual exercise).

Read the info on the Wacom web site (you have the URL in Wesley's message).

Jsqr

8. agrj

agrj Member

I still do not understand, but let's come back to the original post. just to know I'm using a MBP. and up to now I can not use my Microchip programmer/debbuger ICD2.

if, the tablet issue still have anything with this problem, please let me know.

I was getting really confused with this issue. thanks

Aryldo

9. n9yty

n9yty Member

With a 30-day trial, why did you buy it before you knew it worked? You don't have a legitimate beef with Parallels, they allow you to fully test it for 30 days to see if it meets your needs before you had to pay money. I'm sure that when new releases were made they would allow extended trial periods if you needed to confirm resolutions to your problems before you purchased. Just my $0.02.

10. Mannby

Mannby Bit poster

How do you stop OS X from using a USB device with no OS X drivers?

I'm trying to use a USB device (a C-Pen 20) in Windows XP running in Parallels, and I get the "USB device you are trying to connect to the VM is being used by another process" message. There are no drivers for the device in OS X, and thus no UI for disabling its use. Are there any steps I can take to enable Parallels to use it? I know Virtual PC has a checkbox for this sort of thing, that in effect hides the device from OS X. Is this something a user could do? Is it something I could write a device driver to do?

11. Jay Levitt

Jay Levitt Member

agrj, sorry to confuse you. I have a different USB device - a Wacom pen tablet - and I was confirming that RC didn't add support for that either. You don't have a tablet. If you did, you'd know, because, well, you'd have a tablet. I'm just joining in the chorus of "my device doesn't work", so Parallels has some idea of what device support their users would like to see. That's all.

12. dpeck

dpeck Bit poster

How did you get your BlackBerry to connect? I stll get the USB device in use message. Do you have PocketMac installed on your Mac? I am wondering if this is what is "grabbing" my BlackBerry when I try to connect to it in XP.

13. pacepac

pacepac Bit poster

usb - keep smiling

Hey folks,

I think there are still many problems with usb-devices. My Dongle for example worked until the last beta release. Now the FC-Version give me the famous 5-10 message.

But let's be patient, that's not the final release it's still a beta and it's weekend. Maybe we will have some explanations from the support team next week. I'm sure we have to wait until the next release ...

So stay tuned on radio parallels ...

Harald

14. Judwyn

Judwyn Bit poster

I have a 7100 Blackberry and I get the USB / OSx in use message when connecting. Anybody understand why some can connect through USB and others can't

Outlook 2003
    MacBook Pro / OSx - WinXP
    Parallels RC

15. skelley

skelley Bit poster

To get my Blackberry to sync, I did have to set my vm to USB autoconnect. Try that.