Windows 11 ARM updates compared to Intel updates

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MarkN8, Oct 12, 2021.

1. MarkN8

MarkN8 Junior Member

I have Windows 11 ARM installed as a VM on Parallels on my Mac, and also Windows 11 (Intel) installed on my Surface Go 2. Both devices received the Windows 11 KB5006674 update today. My Windows 11 ARM build is now 22000.258.

So it looks like we of the ARM persuasion are indeed getting updates from Microsoft!

2. EricA8

EricA8 Bit poster

How did you get to manage finding Windows 10 and Windows 11 on ARM Insider Preview on the microsoft site ? right now it say not available.

3. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Thanks Mark!

4. BernardH

BernardH Junior Member

When I select System>about, under "Windows specifications" it shows:
    "Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.258.0"
    Does this mean that I am a "regular Windows user" now?

5. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I also got the following update - interesting it says for "arm64 based systems".
    2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for arm64-based Systems (KB5006674)

6. BernardH

BernardH Junior Member

Thank you Michael.

7. BernardH

BernardH Junior Member

• On the windows 11 download page if you click the + next to "privacy" you can select "more download options".
    • You can then click the link which says "Visit the Windows Insider site to download Insider Preview builds"
    • After then signing in with your insider account details, there is a link on the right hand side of the page which says "Windows 11 on ARM Insider Preview"

8. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

Confirmed here too, also for .NET Framework as MichaelH63 mentioned.