Dell UltraSharp Webcam WB7022 - Parallels Desktop 17

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by CEB, Sep 13, 2021.

1. CEB

CEB Bit poster

Hi - I cannot get the Dell UltraSharp Webcam WB7022 working in Desktop 17
    Dell Peripheral Manager recognises there is a camera installed but it can't configure it (hangs on setting it up "please wait we are applying changes")
    Windows 10 built in Camera app will allow me to switch to it (but gives me a blank screen)
    I have made sure all USB devices are permanently assigned to my Windows 10 VM via the parallels

Please help!

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. AlbertoM6

AlbertoM6 Junior Member

Hi, same here. My workaround is utilising a cable which is only for USB2 speeds. This will allow you to use your WB7022 in Windows at 1080p. I reported long ago to Parallels and a technician contacted me to see what's going on. They escalate it back to their devs team and... yeah... that.

3. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @AlbertoM6 , please follow the KB article https://kb.parallels.com/122203 to fix the webcam issue. If the issue still persist please let us know we are here to assist you. Thanks, Parallels Team

4. AlbertoM6

AlbertoM6 Junior Member

Thanks heaps for chiming in. That solves nothing, been there done that. As said, this issue is supposed to be with Engineering.
    But let me be more specific, just in case. There are 3 scenarios here:
    1. Camera connected to MacOS host, with your solutions (as per kb122203) camera works with it's default configuration in MacOS (only 1080p).
    2. Camera connected to Windows with a proper USB-C cable (5 Gbps cable) camera does NOT work and you can only get a black image.
    3. Camera connected to Windows with a USB-C cable (USB2 speeds) camera works at 1080p and Dell Camera Manager app allows its configuration.
    For this camera to work at its maximum possibilities you need a USB-C 5 Gbps cable that allows it to send 4K images. As you can see, there is the problem.
    Kind regards, Gampa.

5. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @AlbertoM6 , please generate a Technical Report ID following the instructions from this Knowledge base article http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the 9 digit technical report ID here for further investigation. Thanks, Parallels Team

6. AlbertoM6

AlbertoM6 Junior Member

According to your Customer Support Engineer (Nikolai S.) they've analysed the available data, and it appears that the case requires deeper investigation, so it was escalated to the Development Team. As per his last comms, if they required anything additional from me they'll get in contact. So, I don't see the point on providing another technical report, sorry.

7. AlbertoM6

AlbertoM6 Junior Member

BTW, here goes my original ticket #2996291

8. AlbertoM6

AlbertoM6 Junior Member

Another update, which is interesting. I just replaced my WB7022 with a DSLR camera and Cam Link 4K. What I observed:
    • Camera is configured to output 1080p60
      • Connect Cam Link 4K to MacOS Monterey host and it works just fine with Share Mac Camera With Windows ON.
      • Connect Cam Link 4K to Windows 10 guest and it works just fine.
    • Camera is configured to output 2160p30
      • Connect Cam Link 4K to MacOS Monterey host and I get a black screen with Share Mac Camera With Windows ON.
      • Connect Cam Link 4K to Windows 10 guest and it works, super slow but it works.
    All cabling is correct and I verified in System Report that the USB connection is reported as USB 3.1 and allows speeds up to 5Gbps. Clearly something is wrong with Parallels. This is a new scenario. I will be willing to provide a Tech. Report if required.

9. AlexM40

AlexM40 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem with Dell UltraSharp Webcam WB7022, a technical report I sent here the ID of the report: 382949603
    Parallels Desktop v. 17.0.1 (51482) I have also tried v. 17.1.0 same problem.

AlbertoM6 likes this.
  10. GregC14

GregC14 Bit poster

Same problem -- black screen when Dell Ultrasharp webcam is plugged in with the correct cables. I'm running Parallels 17 on a MB Pro M1 Max. I'm also unable to get the Dell Peripheral Manager to install -- "Error code 2" and then it uninstalls -- but I'm not sure what that's about.