Need help testing an application on Arm Windows

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by RyanM33, Oct 19, 2021.

1. RyanM33

RyanM33 Bit poster

Hi guys I've currently been using parallels for years on my mbp and I just made a purchase for a new m1 max MBP. Then it hit me that not all apps work on the arm vm of windows and I use my Mac for my business. Is there anyone that would be able to test an application for me. I just need to know if it opens and shows the login screen.

Thanks

AbdulR5 likes this.
  2. RyanM33

RyanM33 Bit poster

3. RyanM33

RyanM33 Bit poster

Also when you say "as long as it doesn't require a driver" does that mean I can't have usb devices interface with the VM because I can't install the drivers for them?

4. RyanM33

RyanM33 Bit poster

yeah so there's a hand held device that I use with that program that I need to be able to hook up to it along with a few other devices. one that uses a serial to USB adapter that requires drivers and another that uses a hardware dongle. I'm pretty much guaranteed for those not to work based on what I've been reading as they use windows drivers. Sad day's I canceled my mbp order and ordered a windows laptop instead. maybe I will be able to come back in a few years when development is further along.