Microsoft Project on M1 Macs

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by YaronA1, Oct 20, 2021.

1. YaronA1

YaronA1 Bit poster

Looking to get the new MacBook Pro, but unfortunately I need MS Project to run perfect.
    Is it possible with an ARM processor? Does it run perfect? I've seen some posts here saying that it works, but Microsoft says that a x64/x86 processor is a requirement for MS Project. Can someone with experience on the matter elaborate?

Thanks

2. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

I have MS Project installed under Parallels running Windows 11 ARM on an M1 Mac and it runs fine. It also runs fine under Parallels running Windows 10 for Intel processors on my Intel-based Mac.

3. SuryaP

SuryaP Bit poster

Mine installed the 32 bit version of MS Project automatically. Did you have the same experience?

4. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

If you want to install the 64-bit version of MS Project, you can license the Plan 3 version under Office 365 and install directly from the Office 365 website. I've found that this version is faster and has worked the best, and memory refresh when scrolling is much better than the 32-bit version.

Also, here are some other things I have done to get the fastest scrolling (and responsiveness) --
    • Use Recommended Memory Settings in the VM Configuration.
    • Change the TrackPad scrolling Speed in macOS. Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Pointer Control, then select "Mouse & Trackpad" and then click on "Trackpad Options". Under this window set "Scrolling speed" to FAST, and leave the Scrolling checkbox selected and choose "with intertia"
    • Within Windows go the Mouse Settings and set the "Multiple lines at a time" to 25.

5. Space-Rat

Space-Rat Bit poster

Hi Everyone,
    I'm puzzling on this as well - got the ARM Win11 version running on my M1 MBP... Office itself installs well from the Office installer (one in all installer where you can't select and see anything what it is doing) but it won't install project. I've got the "Project Plan 3" license as well as O365 E5 one. I can't get it work to install directly from M$ so I tried a ProjectPro2021 IMG which seems to work with my account but not sure. Can somebody point me to the official download from the O365 website - SamS4?!