Problem after updating build 22478 (Parallels 17.1)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by PatrikK, Oct 18, 2021.

1. PatrikK

PatrikK Bit poster

I have Mac Mini (M1)...after updating to version 17.1 I upgraded my W11 Insider system to build 22478 - 211008-1414 and since then I can't open the Start Menu and system settings. Could someone help me?

2. DarioS2

DarioS2 Bit poster

Welcome to the club :(
    Here https://forum.parallels.com/threads/problems-with-win11-for-arm-22471.355044/ I've have the same problem.
    Except I thought that Parallels resolved the problem. While in test clean virtual machine everything is working after Win upgrade, my "production" virtual machine still has the the same symptoms after upgrade to 22478. i.e. Settings and everything inside is not working.

3. PatrikK

PatrikK Bit poster

the problem is probably in the build, as I made a new disk VM and after updating to the same build the same thing happened. Something happens with the user permissions or in the registr...

4. Ricardoleventi

Ricardoleventi Bit poster

same for me

5. peyrolles

peyrolles Bit poster

Same issue here.

6. PatrikK

PatrikK Bit poster

until there's a new build, there's no solution. I solved it via https://uupdump.net/, where I did a clean install on version 22000 and logged out of the Dev Insider program so it wouldn't offer me a crappy build again.

DirkK7 and DarioS2 like this.
  7. DirkK7

DirkK7 Bit poster

build 22478 - 211008-1414 gave me problems as well. I did a clean install now directly from build 22483 - 211015-1431 and still the same problem. Start menu opens sometimes, the settings app never does.

8. StefanK26

StefanK26 Bit poster

Same problem here with build 22483

9. Dezi

Dezi Bit poster

Same problem here. Windows 11 is not usable on M1. So this has to be fixed by Microsoft or Parallels?

10. CarlosF6

CarlosF6 Bit poster

Same issue here...

11. RobinM12

RobinM12 Bit poster

Same issue here with Macbook Pro M1 Pro

12. GertG1

GertG1 Bit poster

Same here and the support has no answers. No way to W11 on M1 at the moment!

13. GertG1

GertG1 Bit poster