Windows 11 NOT WORKING PROPERLY on M1 PRO MACBOOK

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MaxC6, Nov 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. MaxC6

MaxC6 Bit poster

I have installed the Windows 11 insider preview on my M1 macbook, but I can simply not open the settings and the system is really not stable at all.
    Anyone have any tips to get a more stable working windows on my M1 PRO macbook?
    The windows 10 ARM insider preview has been gone too from what I can see.
    I realise ARM is not supported natively and I did not get the macbook to run windows mainly, but it would be cool to get some tips to have a working windows system on the laptop for some work situations.
    Cheers guys

BrianP15, Vic3 and RalfH2 like this.
  2. RalfH2

RalfH2 Bit poster

I have the same problems.....

3. Matthias_22

Matthias_22 Bit poster

I experience exactly the same on a MacBook Pro 14-inch 2021 with a Apple M1 Max chip. Hope somebody has a some good tips.
    Cheers

4. Vic3

Vic3 Bit poster

Exact same issue and same specs. I thought I was the only one but I've seen one other person aside from you have this issue. I really hope the can fix this issue fast as I am trying to get some windows programs for my engineering course and I am stuck with my old laptop for now until they fix it. And I was planning to sell the old laptop but now its just depreciating away until I can fully transition to the M1 Pro.

5. Dimitar1

Dimitar1 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem. Windows 11 is just not working properly and I can not open settings or anything...

6. BrianP15

BrianP15 Bit poster

I am facing the same issues.
    I can barely do anything. Right at the beginning of booting Windows 11 I am able to open menus, after a couple seconds it basically freezes...

7. MaxH13

MaxH13 Bit poster

Same issues, what I just dont understand is that there are a lot of YouTubers with "Gaming on a Mac" videos that seem to have no problem whatsoever... most of them even have the exact same build installed as I have. And there is not a single video how to fix those issues or they are not even mentioning that there were some tricks to it. It feels really strange...
    Seems like the new Win11 ARM update helps a little, but the VHDX you can download at MS is still the old version and you would have to upgrade, but neither windows update nor command line update force are functioning...

8. Matthias_22

Matthias_22 Bit poster

Found this in another subject of Parallels forum:
    Found my problem cause: I Installed the German language Pack and set Default to it. Then the Error occurs. Switched Back to en-US everything is fine again.
    Since you cannot Open Settings you must use Powershell App via Search (administrative) to change language back:
    Open Powershell and type: Set-WinSystemLocale en-US and then enter
    Type: Set-WinUserLanguageList en-US -Force again enter
    You get a message to reboot
    - REBOOT
    For me it worked....... Can enter systems now.

SebastienB5 likes this.
  9. MaxH13

MaxH13 Bit poster

Would love to do that, but its English by default... ;-) but it still freezes... only workaround is to close explorer.exe via taskmgr and then run explorer.exe again... do 2-3 clicks... repeat :-D

10. MaxH13

MaxH13 Bit poster

11. AlexandreM6

AlexandreM6 Bit poster

Hello everyone,
    like you, I have the same problem with windows 11. It freezes a few seconds after opening. I don't even have time to go to the settings. Has anyone found a solution? The link given above does not work for me. I'm running a MacBook Air M1

12. Matthias_22

Matthias_22 Bit poster

Yes I have. The reason is that you installed a extra language and you have to remove that via Powershell App and run that as an administrator to change the language back:
    Open Powershell as an administrator and type: Set-WinSystemLocale en-US and then enter
    - REBOOT
    For me it worked....... Can enter settings now.
    Couple of days later I installed again the Dutch language packaged, and Settings was frozen again......

13. Vic3

Vic3 Bit poster

Holy!!! It actually worked!! Thank you so much you are so much more helpful than any other non existent parallels support

14. DavidW72

DavidW72 Junior Member

Hi
    I am also having the same problem with windows 11. After opening (MacBook Pro) , my screen freezes for sometime. What to do? How to solve this problem?

15. Matthias_22

Matthias_22 Bit poster

Thanks for your positive reaction.
    I found the solution on an other forum of Parallel. Took me couple of days to find out but now you know what to do if you have an extra language packaged installed....

16. Matthias_22

Matthias_22 Bit poster

The reason is most probably that you installed a extra language and you have to remove that via Powershell App and run that as an administrator to change the language back:
    Open Powershell as an administrator and type: Set-WinSystemLocale en-US and then enter
    - REBOOT
    For me it worked....... Can enter settings now.
    Couple of days later I installed again the Dutch language packaged, and Settings was frozen again......

17. Dimitar1

Dimitar1 Bit poster

I think it worked, thank you!

18. DavidW72

DavidW72 Junior Member

Yeah you are right. It worked. Thanks for the help:)

19. ChristianG14

ChristianG14 Bit poster

Hi,
    thanks for the posts and the possible workaround.
    Yesterday I installed the last windows 11 update and...
    ...now same behavior as explained and the workaround doesn't works any longer.

Perhaps someone has an idea - thanks in advance

20. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, this is a native issue of Microsoft. Kindly follow the steps mentioned in https://kb.parallels.com/en/128611 for resolving the issue. Thanks, Parallels Team.