connecting to mac as if it was a server

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by redhandler, Nov 22, 2007.

1. redhandler

redhandler Bit poster

how can I connect Parallels, WinXP to my MacOSX?

I want to mimic a server set-up and use Explorer to view interface on the Mac, by enterint the localhost IP, but can't get this working for non-networked system.

I've got this working for DHCP when connected to my router, but want to have it working when I'm using the workstation as a stand-alone system (for demo purposes).

I was told to assign a static IP, but as soon as I pull out the network cable that won't work.

Config:
    Parallels 3 Desktop for Mac, network set to Shared, WinXP SP2, IE7
    MacOSX 10.4.11

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Have you tried host-only networking? That allows the host and guest to talk to each other but the guest cannot see anything else on the network.

3. redhandler

redhandler Bit poster

had tried that, but solved it easer than that:

Enable Personal Web Sharing on the Mac side, and record the 169.x.x.x IP address, this is static :)

didn't need to change anything on Parellels or PC side to get this working.

4. DanORcan

DanORcan Bit poster

Connecting to LOCALHOST on Mac OS X 10.7

(4 years later :))
    I am attempting to connect to LocalHost on my Mac OS X 10.7 system, so that I can run an application (Moodle) that I am developing. In OS X System Preferences, I can set 'Web Sharing' and access my local drive /~user/ from IE; however, I do not then know how to get to my LOCALHOST and run my Moodle application. Any help would be appreciated.