PD 17.1 has problems with usb audio devices

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Jon Donshik, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Jon Donshik

Jon Donshik Bit poster

Was using PD 17 on 2018 Intel MBP. When I went from 17.0.1 to 17.1 my Phillips Speech Mike microphones (used with Dragon 15) stopped being recognized by Windows 11 VM. I was going to roll back to 17.0.1 as some people had suggested, but I then took possession of a 2021 16 MBP with M1 Max.

Downloaded the windows ARM version, but unfortunately started with 17.1. Downloaded the 22483 build, but also let it upgrade to 22489. After installing the appropriate software, the same issue happened. Microphone would not be recognized by Windows 11.

I uninstalled PD 17.1. Fresh install of 17.0.1. Fresh install of W11 build 22483. Turned off all software updates. Installed the appropriate software. Microphone now recognized and I am able to dictate.

Obviously, there is a problem with 17.1 and USB audio because it caused the same issue on M1 Mac as well as Intel Mac.

2. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

This may not be completely related, but in PD Version 17.1.0 (51516) sounds are corrupted. For example the chime that happens when Windows 11 completes startup is now very ragged. I tested playing YouTube videos within a browser window and those are also somewhat ragged (but better). Something appears to be wrong with audio processing.

3. WilliamR16

WilliamR16 Bit poster

I am about to be in the same position - awaiting 16" MBP with M1 Max in hopes that I can get Dragon Medical One to work. Have you tried to use an iPhone with Power Mic Mobile as a backup instead of the Speech Mike? I have a wired Speech Mike as well, my wife has a wireless version I may try to borrow to see if it works once the system arrives.

4. AlbertN2

AlbertN2 Junior Member

Audio recording/playback via SpeechMike is an issue for me too with my Windows 11 setup on Macbook Air M1. I recommend keeping the SpeechMike connected on the Mac side and setting it to operate under keyboard mode to launch keyboard shortcuts towards Dragon running within Parallels. PowerMic Mobile is a viable alternative too for DMO users.

5. Jon Donshik

Jon Donshik Bit poster

Hi. Can you explain what you mean by "setting it to operate under keyboard mode to launch keyboard shortcuts towards Dragon running within Parallels?"
    I understand how to keep microphone connected to Mac as opposed to windows 11, but I don't understand the keyboard mode/keyboard shortcuts thing.

Thanks

6. AlbertN2

AlbertN2 Junior Member

7. AlbertN2

AlbertN2 Junior Member

Hi,

I happened to test this this morning for myself, current and future Apple clients
    With latest firmware version 4.68 and Airbridge at 1.13 and Parallels v18.1.0 (53311)

SpeechMike Premium Air when using the docking or the Airbridge works 100% for myself with with Macbook Air M1 on Ventura 13.0.1 + PD18.1.0 + Windows 11 Pro 21H2 and DMO 2021.4.4

Cheers!

Albert
    VocalTek Solutions Inc.