How to activate my perpetual license offline?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MervinT1, Nov 5, 2021.

1. MervinT1

MervinT1 Bit poster

Hi,

I have bought a new license and I want to activate my Parallels product without the need to create an account!
    Is creating an account and logging in mandatory now? this wasn't the case on Parallels Desktop 12!

I mean, I have bought a perpetual license key, why can't I just activate my software without creating an account and I always logging in?!

2. MervinT1

MervinT1 Bit poster

I don't have a subscription, just a standard license that want to work with Parallels on an offline machine.
    Please advise how to do that?

3. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

4. RichardD30

RichardD30 Member

The article above does not satisfy the offline requirement. How can we activate a Parallel's desktop license offline? It's available in the man page: `prlsrvctl install-license-offline -f, --file <path-to-license-file>` so how can this be accomplished?

5. DirkJ5

DirkJ5

Hi,
    I have the same problem and contacted the support. After some discussions, they finally turned me down and said that parallels doesn't support offline activation. i don't believe that, they don't want to disclose that for some reason. The prlsrvctl tool has the option, but does anyone know where one can find the license-file?
    Or maybe someone has another idea how to activate Parallels Desktop offline?