Windows 11 error persists after 17.1.0 update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LannyR, Oct 16, 2021.

1. LannyR

LannyR Bit poster

I have a 2018 MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur 11.6. I updated to Parallels 17.1.0 but still receive the error message: "Your PC doesn't meet the minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11." The "Parallels Desktop for Mac compatibility with Windows 11 - Known Issues" Knowledge Base page says this issue was fixed with the 17.1.0 update. Is there something else I need to do? Thank you.

AndrzejP likes this.
  2. TimothyS2

TimothyS2 Bit poster

Same issue: I have a 2019 MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur 11.6. I updated to Parallels 17.1.0 but still receive the error message: "Your PC doesn't meet the minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11." The "Parallels Desktop for Mac compatibility with Windows 11 - Known Issues" Knowledge Base page says this issue was fixed with the 17.1.0 update. Is there something else I need to do? Thank you.

AndrzejP likes this.
  3. AndrzejP

AndrzejP Bit poster

This is only possible to install Win11 as new virtual machine. Upgrade from Win10 is not possible, therefore one looses the licence, access to software from Win10 and so on. This should be clearly stated at Paralells page instead of untrue statement that 17.1 is full compatible with Win11. I recommend removing misleading info from your webpage.

Carduner likes this.
  4. GlennS5

GlennS5 Junior Member

Did you remember to manually add the TPM device in the VM hardware configuration?

5. AndrzejP

AndrzejP Bit poster

Of course.

6. Carduner

Carduner Bit poster

same problem here, impossible to ugrade to Windows 11

7. StuartG4

StuartG4 Bit poster

Just installed Windows 11 on OSX Monetary. Fast and easy install from ISO file with a new Retail Windows 11 key. That being said EDGE and CHROME browsers are really slow. Any suggestions?

8. TimothyS2

TimothyS2 Bit poster

9. MischaO

MischaO Bit poster

I will give it a shot as the support won't answer for almost two weeks.

10. MischaO

MischaO Bit poster

Didn't work.

11. GlennM10

GlennM10 Bit poster

Have you tried the edit registry tweak?
    Method to Bypass Windows 11 Hardware Requirements Check (In Short)
    Quick summary:

1. Open Registry Editor using regedit command in run dialog box.

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup key.

3. In right-side pane, create new DWORD AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU and set its value to 1 to bypass or skip all hardware requirements check by Windows 11 setup wizard and install it on unsupported devices.

12. MischaO

MischaO Bit poster

Thx - did read this on other forums but they also stated that this will likely prevent further updates. And this installation is crucial to me so I don't want to "mess" around.