New Hide Menu Icons interrupts and crashes

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Fastidious, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Fastidious

Fastidious Junior Member

The new version of Hide Menu Icons seems to pop up intermittently when I am typing, interrupting the program. Then, this morning it froze the whole machine turning the menu bar red. The only way out was to reboot. Major flaw! I have disabled it. I liked the old one.

SandyG1 likes this.
  2. Hello, could you collect the technical report once issue reproduced and reply us back with the report's ID please?

3. Fastidious

Fastidious Junior Member

Here is the report. 377846682. I clicked on a photo included in a Message. The window "rearranging icons" popped up and everything froze. While the mouse would move, it would not click on anything, including Force Quit. I had to reboot using the power button. The report was generated after rebooting, since I could not click on the icon on the menu bar to generate the report with the computer frozen. I am, for now disabling the feature.

Attached Files:

4. HamishA

HamishA Bit poster

I've also experienced this multiple times. It took me quite a while to work out what caused it.
    If you keep locking and unlocking the machine with the touchID sensor, you can usually get to an option to quit the "Hide Menu Icons" app. You'll need to position the mouse before you lock using the touchID button or it is less likely to let you interact (also, you usually can't left click either).
    It's quite problematic.

5. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @HamishA, Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/115835 to reinstall Parallels Tools and check.
    Thanks,
    McAllen.

6. HamishA

HamishA Bit poster

Hi McAllen,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Firstly, it's an issue with Parallels Toolbox, not Parallels Tools.
    Secondly, I experienced it on a fresh install on a new computer (as well as my old computer), so reinstalling it wouldn't help.
    As a software developer, I believe it's an issue with the code.
    Thanks.