XBox App can't download games, download throws error

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ColinM12, Nov 3, 2021.

1. ColinM12

ColinM12 Bit poster

As per title. Latest preview release I can install the XBox games app, but any game so far I try to download it puts in the queue and then gives me error 0x00000001.

Doesn't matter if I try to use C:, or any other drive.

2. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Would LOVE an answer to this issue as I just signed up for the GamePass (fortunately only $1.00 for the first three months LOL) and tried downloading two games - Myst and Doom (figured I would start with something relatively simple) and got the same error message. Followed the instructions (running whatever updates in Windows Update and the MS Store app, restarted the VM and NADA.

3. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Ok so has anyone had the time to contact MS Support? And will they even respond as we have a non-supported chip?

4. ColinM12

ColinM12 Bit poster

I've filed a bug report through the insider feedback app, but nothing heard back so far.

5. AlexP30

AlexP30 Bit poster

Same issue :(

6. Pummelchen

Pummelchen Junior Member

Same. I want to install MS Flight Sim 2020 and it does not work. 120 Euro wasted, plus 99 Euro for Parallels wasted !

7. ColinM12

ColinM12 Bit poster

Issue still present in preview 22499

8. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I am out of the Insider Program, running "retail" version that was just upgraded to 22000.318 and still have the same issue with the xbox app. No downloads yet.

Pummelchen likes this.
  9. SebastianH11

SebastianH11 Bit poster

Hope we get a solution to the issue soon.

10. Pummelchen

Pummelchen Junior Member

Parallels stated to contact MSFT, which is not only arrogant but disrespectful towards their own customers. Both companies should work together to find a solution and take responsibility.

11. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Only if it is a Parallels issue. But there was an earlier post/thread here that the issue is with all ARM processors not just Apple M1 chips. It is very annoying (I just paid for a MS Game Pass subscription to see what games would actually work) but don't think it is really Parallels issue if it affects all ARM processors.

12. enwin

enwin Bit poster

13. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Also some people like me are off the Insider Program so wouldn't get that update till it is sent to the release versions. But if it is true we have hope.

14. ColinM12

ColinM12 Bit poster

22504 ARM preview still has the same problem, XBox app can't install gamepass games.
    If you bought a game through the Microsoft Store (like Minecraft for me), it will install just fine, but only if you start the install from the Store app. Then it shows progress in the XBox app, and can be launched from there.

15. ColinM12

ColinM12 Bit poster

I can also seem to uninstall and reinstall an app, once it's been installed previously. Maybe the arm version is having issues initializing the install space?

16. ColinM12

ColinM12 Bit poster

Or not, Minecraft had to be reinstalled via the Store, XBox app started having issues again.

17. ColinM12

ColinM12 Bit poster

And now the Store can't install. Maybe it's the backend, having issues talking to Microsoft?

18. ColinM12

ColinM12 Bit poster

Ok, so it seems to be hit or miss. Portal Bridge Builder and Mighty Goose will install. So will ReCore.
    Many others will error out right away.

19. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Well the MS Store I have not had an issue downloading either updates or games that I had previously purchased before Windows ARM. I have added one or two free games but don't believe I attempted to purchase any games you have to purchase (either through the Store or xbox app) till these issues get resolved. I did purchase a trial of the Game Pass for PC (think it was only $1.00 a month for the first two or three months) just to see if these games would work on my M1 iMac under Parallels. But as we all know, can't download anything yet from the Xbox app. Still keeping fingers crossed.

20. NicolasM7

NicolasM7 Bit poster

Hello guys. Same problem here. I dont actually see any updates from Microsoft Team for ARM users. I have M1 Pro with parallels desktop. Cant make it work in any shape or form. If anyone can find a solution please let me know. Thanks in advance.