Keyboard and Mouse issues while gaming (Parallels 17/M1 Max MBP/Win 11)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KutterR, Nov 14, 2021.

1. KutterR

KutterR Bit poster

I am hoping someone knows the right combination of settings that will fix the issues I am experiencing, or confirm it is a bug that needs addressed.

I have tried a range of mouse and keyboard setting combinations in Parallels and continue to get erratic behavior. Right now no matter the settings I use the caps lock is backwards to what MacOS is reporting. I have even had instances of a key getting stuck in the Windows VM but was not when I go back to MacOS. A restart had to be done on the VM to fix the stuck key. Or the VM will switch randomly between caps and lower case. When using the mouse is gaming mode, the mouse will fly to the corners of the vm. In don't optimize or auto detect mode, the mouse is more functional, but still can be highly sensitive to flying around or when I use the right and left click buttons at the same time to move forward in game, any movement of the mouse up or down (in particular) causes the game camera to jar in a different direction at lightning speed than what the mouse is being moved in. There seems to be a huge issue with translating mouse and keyboard input into the VM itself. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Setup:
    - Windows 11 Arm
    - Parallels 17 Version 17.1.0 (51516)
    - MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) M1 Max, 32GB
    - Razer TB4 Dock
    - 2x Dell 2k Monitors
    - Game - NCsoft Aion Classic

Thanks!

2. TimS10

TimS10 Bit poster

I tried out Parallels and Win 11 today on my MBP 14 and found the caps lock was a mess in the VM. There is definitely an issue.

3. TimS10

TimS10 Bit poster

So if you follow the Parallels guidance to download the VHDX file you will end up with a DEV build of Win 11. If that is what you are looking for then great. But to obtain the most recent release version (ie. stable) you need to use uupdump.net and create the ISO for the build of interest. It takes a few steps but it's pretty simple and you end up with an ISO of a stable release. My Win 11 ARM version is now the same as my Dell laptop.

4. Hello,
    could you collect the technical report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?

5. KutterR

KutterR Bit poster

I also called in a support ticket: #3123129
    Thanks!

6. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello,

We have responded to you in the ticket please check.

Thanks,
    McAllen.

7. Christ25

Christ25 Bit poster

I have the same issue playing wow wotlk (warmane) the mx master 3 mouse is not working well, same errors as described above.
    If someone can help me fix it, I'll buy the software. For now I still have 12 days on the trial version.

thanks