PD17 fails to mount USB stick formatted in ISO 9660 (Joliet) properly in Win11ARM on M1 Mac

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by HansR2, Nov 25, 2021.

1. HansR2

HansR2 Bit poster

Hi all,
    I have a Win11Pro(ARM) VM in current PD17 on a new M1Pro -Macbook and noticed, that a USB stick with software (alpine mountaineering maps + installer for x86), - formatted in ISO 9660 (Joliet) - does not properly work in the Win11VM. With the VM OFF, the stick mounts on the Mac desktop with a CD symbol. When plugged in with the VM ON, the choice to connect it to the VM leads to a mount in the VM as USB (mass storage) listed as "Nameofthestick on Mac". Nothing ist visible on the Mac side, and the stick is not working properly in the VM, i.e. x86 progs designed to run directly from the stick fail, and the installer starts but rapidly fails.
    Surprsingly, PD16.5 can use the same Win11 ARM VM (it just reinstalled the tools...), which in PD16.5 mounts the USB stick when chosen after plugin properly as a CD:"Nameofthe stick...". And everything works now from/with the stick as expected. I guess, I stay with this Win11ARM/PD16.5 combo that seems to behave properly for now.

Has anyone ideas what's going wrong with PD17 in this respect?
    Thank you,
    Hans

2. HansR2

HansR2 Bit poster

3. HansR2

HansR2 Bit poster

Issue is resolved with the new 17.1.1_51537 update.
    Regards, Hans